AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

Exactly what Graham said…

Every moment of every day, Envato is doing everything they can to convince audio jungle market buyers to “go unlimited” instead and there is absolutely no encouragement, links or advertising whatsoever to tell subscription customers to look to the market if they can not find what they need inside elements. They have created an environment where they are overtly giving a huge advantage to a certain number of authors who are getting the best of both worlds. In many ways it’s akin to extortion. I would not feel that way if the relentless elements ads were not plastered everywhere. I also would not feel that way if everyone were allowed to participate in elements if they chose.

But intelligent business people know that if every author piled into elements, everyone’s earnings would be decimated to pennies earned each month.

Notice why all elements authors have disappeared from the discussion all together? They are the beneficiaries of this “extortion”, their incomes are way up, and they welcome that ad with open arms because they know money is getting directed “extorted” to their bank accounts. Sounds extreme? Perhaps, but this is the way I see it and I am entitled to my opinion. They are loving life earning twice as a much as they used to under a single “fair competition” market. I know this because a few of them have shared with me what they earn on market and on elements.

They may as well just shout at all buyers “don’t buy from these people, buy from elements authors instead.” Point # 2 Marbury, you are selling sfx and the price of those items is a lot less than music so I am sure it’s very hard to achieve high numbers each month selling sfx. Point # 3, where I live, $1000 a month amounts to not much more than extra pocket change. I realize that in some countries, that monthly wage can possibly support a family, but where I live, and frankly where all USA, Australian, and European participants live, 1K a month is a drop in the bucket.

17 months later after Elements has launched, we have learned that buyers still want to purchase one off sync licenses on market, if that’s the case, why is Envato relentlessly trying to advertise a much cheaper solution for buyers? Why are they creating such a polarizing and divisive environment for music and sfx authors?

Also, notice how Envato can never answer any of my questions and instead they close a thread for being “offensive”.

13 Likes

Envato please answer don’t ruin our lives😢

1 Like

I think they save money on the promotion and advertising of elements, because there is an Envato market, and it is also a very successful market that Envato + authors created for a long time and referral links from many authors who are ready to promote themselves (as they think, or rather Elements already on which most authors are not) on a Youtube or somewhere else.

There is a wise saying: the avaricious pays twice!

The most correct decision is to promote the Elements separately from the market and at their expense (Envato + those authors who are there now), and then everyone will be happy!

Negative consequences of banner ads on the main page of the Envato website:

1. The market will collapse, as unnecessary due to unsuccessful innovations (banners) of the Elements (there will be no new customer base)! One market will eat another (loss of income for everyone).
  2. Existing (loyal) customers will leave due to confusion (incomplete informing inside banners).
4 Likes

I just think considering you are doing very well, much better than most of us out of this, its a bit rich to complain if you are making even more than you did this time last year. I could live quite comfortable if I earned $1000 a month here but then again I don’t have a lifestyle to maintain. Its VERY hard to make a living out of music these days anywhere so be grateful for everything you get. Even raise your prices if you are that concerned.

1 Like

“doing very well” is relative. I do not live in a small town beach in indonesia (where the monthly cost of living is $600 a month or even less) making tracks on a lap top. News flash, this market is primarily driven by money coming from the USA, Canada, Asia, and Europe.

What we’re all asking for is ethical, fair competition for all, not calculated “extortion” for the chosen ones.

Get rid of the elements ads on Envato market, and let each market be it’s own stand alone operation, then we have nothing to complain about. Or open the elements gates to all so everyone can enjoy the extra 2nd income from elements subscribers. I am sure elements customers would love it if all 500,000 tracks were in there.

I wonder what all the reviewers would think and do in reaction if everyone had a chance to sell in elements? They continue to seal their lips because they know they are greatly benefiting from this “extortion” or banner advert that funnels money to them.

17 Likes

The worst part of the elements is that it offers unlimited downloads for 16.5 dolars.
There should be a max limit of 10 downloads at this price. If it will download more than 10, there must be a different subscription fee, such as 29 dolars for 20 downloads (I give prices as an example)

And in this system, customers who have reached the download limit need to purchase subscriptions again to make new downloads. It is the healthiest and fairest system for both customers, company and all authors.

And elements must be opened to all envato authors. This injustice is only repaired in this way. Why don’t people choose right and fair? Why not to start making world it better and better?

Come on @Envato!

Your wild capitalist trade desires destroy most of your authors
Do you see this fact @Envato? When will you realize this?

Take care and protect of all your authors and start doing the right thing please

And prove once again to everyone that you are the most fair and quality company in the industry

5 Likes

I always hope for a better future on AudioJumngle when a new week starts, so I wish you all a better Week, a better MONTH, a better YEAR!
For me it can’t get no worse after the terrible February, so COME ON, MAN!
:robot: :100: :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

marb, everything that @SteelSound has been saying in this thread has been top notch advice for composers out there, and it’s good for the marketplace as a whole. He’s been open and honest about his sales numbers (more than a lot here would say for you), and the fact that he is doing “ok” with this style of licensing doesn’t preclude him from being able to voice an opinion, especially when it’s backed up with his depth of experience.

You’ve got a right to say what you want as well but all i’ve seen is “dead”, an unwillingness to discuss actual numbers that might actually shed light on your “conspiracy” posts and oh ya… aren’t you an elements author as well? Seems like you might have a vested interest in not speaking ill of the program.

6 Likes

Agree with you, this politics of driving customers from us, who NOT invited on Elements and being loyal for years creating nothing but anger. This is so abusive. You were building your customers base for years, and one day someone decide to move it from you by offering something that you cant offere. Believe me, there is a lot of elite authors with anger and upset - @BlueFoxMusic, @RedLionProduction, @ALEX_BESSS, @MoodMode, authors from top list, that not invited in this program.

10 Likes

I suggest to write open letter to Envato, signed by authors.

10 Likes

Thanks! I subscribe to every word! My income on the site has decreased by half. This ship left us overboard.

5 Likes

17 days without sales! I’m hysterical))))))

2 Likes

I finished February with only 1 sale after two months of zero sales. Of the 10 years I’ve been on Audiojungle, I have only endured such a terrible performance in 2017. I hope March will be better, but I really don’t think so. Good luck, everyone !

2 Likes

The “open letter” is right here in this thread. Each day that ad exists where Envato is literally shouting out very loud “go unlimited” it is an overt attempt to move potential revenue away from market authors and into the control of elements authors and Envato’s “recurring revenue” effort. Envato could care less what artists are compensated. All they care about is the recurring auto billing of $16.50 a month from as many customers as possible.

They like $5 tracks because it results in them getting both the buyer and seller fee, they don’t care if the author only makes 75 cents or whatever it is…

Anyway, I am convinced that after 17 months, these two markets can co exist, but when one is attempting to destroy the other through a relentless coercive ad which again feels like extortion, unfair competition, overt favoritism to certain set of authors and reviewers…what more is there to say?

9 Likes

Agree with you.

Meanwhile npdo7-2 have been creating their own unlimited sub site and added hundreds of contributors without asking for permission. That site is still in undercover test mode, but it was open for a little time so a few authors randomly found enormous amounts of items that belonged to lots of authors who did not know anything about their items being added there. Needless to say it have been a super frustrated scenario on their forums latest weeks.

I can only reason with that this is done because its probably easier to ask for forgiveness then permission for an act as unbelievable as this. If they did ask one and every author if they wanted to join the sub model they would have gotten far far less contributors aboard. I believe many video producers already have experience with unlimited sub models and how tragic that experience can be.

Anyhows, the point is that this is pretty much the opposite of what is happening here. Contributors needs to reach out to support to get out of this site. While here people are dreaming of joining the sub model in a closed garden. I guess Envato must have done something right when selling sub models to the contributors here.

As much as I obviously agree that what Envato HQ is doing terrible unforgivable things on these markets, I have to say it would be even worse if everything were placed in subscription. Then we would not have much to compete with against Elements. Also, of course, earnings would be diminished for everybody. I am sure there are already Elements authors selling music that are not over the moon happy with what they are earning there.

I think before anyone here should daydream about being an Elements authors, they should rather question themselves if they can earn the same amount revenue or most likely much more in the long run just by adding their tracks to content ID, registering their tracks in PRO’s, raising prices and investing in uploading in other sites.

3 Likes

I request everyone never ever join any subscription model ever :pray::pray: you earn pennies

2 Likes

Oh…I agree for sure. If we all piled into elements the market would crash hard and fast (not for Envato, but for individual author earnings) , and even those who are swimming in 50% to 100% increase in income because of the two income streams (Market sales and Elements shared earnings) Those elements authors would watch their revenue drop like a knife because of the increased competition. They simply would experience less downloads and therefore, less monthly elements revenue. For now, we will just watch the extortion party march on with the relentless advertising of “unlimited downloads”. If we all joined the party, then there is nowhere for anyone to hide, customers just get everything they want for peanuts, authors watch their careers get destroyed, music officially is valued at .03 cents per download (down from what used to be $20 per sale) and then there is no reason to ever make a track ever again. We are inching closer to that moment. I think Envato has telegraphed their thinking on this. So they will protect those they want to protect for as long as they can, but there may be day where no authors monthly income from music licensing can be protected because 3 cents per download may be all that is left. PRO royalties and Content ID Royalties may be the only game in town soon.

3 Likes

Yeah it will be interesting to watch the development on the other site I mentioned above. I cannot understand how they can make it work by pushing so many contributors into a new sub model that probably has quite a low numbers of customers to begin with. Are they just going to hope for the best and advertise on their own main market like here or will they try to make it a stand alone site competing against all the other sub sites.

If contributors are disappointed with their earnings to begin with they also risk very much that they pull their catalogues out (which frankly everyone who is disappointed should).

2 Likes

Guys don’t worry these subscription sites and it’s authors will soon earn 50$ for 1000 downloads and they will feel. That day and they will move away from that model and everything will be back like normal soon :pray::slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes