We’ve been an affiliate of Envato for a while, purely because we had a few sites that we could monetise.
However, we don’t continue to push it, nor are we actively setting up new sites to bring in sales to Envato or help get extra sales to awesome themes that have been lost due to the loop hole in the search system. Because of a single reason…
Envato only give you commission for NEW USERS, not existing users like ever other affiliate program does, on a per sale basis. I.e, if a person already has an account with Envato (as 7,120,701 people already do) your commissions are thin and far. Bit of a kick in the balls for the efforts affiliates put in to actually make any money, let alone push sales across.
To Envato: Instead of creating a big prize giveaway to try to get affiliates to push more new users into the site, reward existing affiliates and open up the affiliate program to how it should be.
Reasons why this need to happen:
- We will push for sales of ‘lost items’ that are awesome but no one knows about (not everyone wants to buy from the popular list)
- Individual item owners will get more sales and gain more traction (rewarding smaller and veteran authors)
- Envato traffic would go through the roof
- Envato would make a bucket load more cash!
- Affiliates are 10000x more likely to push the brand and products authors spend hours creating.
Apologies for the rant, however it needs to happen.
Bring indie Envato back, it’s becoming too corporate!
Please post below if you agree with us and if you have any further suggestions to this. Would love to hear the communities response.