An important message from Envato regarding the current environment

Long time we don’t see you @collis, hope you’re doing well!
(I’m personally figuring you on your personal island drinking mojitos thanks to authors percentage :joy:)

I’m italian and, as probably many know, we are actually the most damaged country after China.
Proportionally thinking, probably the most damaged so far.

We are in lock down since since early March: 6000+ deaths, 60K infected and so on.
Virus hits in 99% of tracked cases people over 50yrs.

Starting from yesterday numbers start decreasing a bit.
Hopefully we are over the worst period.

This isn’t the point for us though: we are here for business. The world is gonna change until we find a true vaccine: no more crowded placed, very limited trips.

Many people are gonna lose their jobs: less money around, less desire to invest. This will almost surely impact everyone, but we are lucky in my opinion: we create digital assets, we are masters of the digital world.

Because of this I’m not too worried, although aware of the possible decline in the mid/long term.
Just my thoughts.

Take care guys: specially if you have pre-existing pathologies or in contact with 60+yrs old people, the death ratio among them is really serious.

Luca aka LCweb :wave:

9 Likes

Hello Collis,
I’m from Italy too, and the lockdown is affecting us quite a lot - I live in Venice and part of my revenue stream is from tourism, so you can imagine the situation…

I’m currently working on a big project through Envato Studio, it would be great if you could drop the author fee for Studio jobs (now it’s 30%) for at least a few months, to help counterbalance the losses.

Thanks, and stay safe.

6 Likes

Thank you for this message Collis.
Best health for you and your family and all the Envato community from Madrid.

2 Likes

+1

Have to agree with improved commissions for all sellers until the crisis ends… Collis, Your company and your family has earned tens of millions of dollars over the past decade. You are set for life as far as “financial freedom” goes. Your employees have received juicy bonuses over the years. Sales are getting scarce. Market authors compete with “Elements” and lose the battle. Unemployment will soon be 30% in the USA. Businesses will close. We are in an immediate depression and every dollar now matters for all stock media producers. There will not be a V shaped recovery. It will take years to come out of this.

7 Likes

@collis @Enabled @ITsolution-24 @BigWeek @t\ I Hope Envato Relief for whole non elite authors who lived in lockdown countries,
Envato transfer $300 to each non elite authors accounts.

3 Likes

I’m a full time author, Envato is my main source of income and the majority of my products do not require me to provide further assistance to buyers…

If I die, will someone else from my family be allowed to keep my account and collect my future earnings?

6 Likes

Sorry for asking, but, do you have symptoms?
Stay safe. :v:
Wish you the very best.

3 Likes

No, not at all. I’m safe, but it’s just the beginning over here (I’m from Brasil) and we have to prepare for the worst ;(

2 Likes

Always good to hear that.
As you may already know, even though I wouldn’t want to be infected with COVID-19 (obviously), ages 60-70-80 are at higher risk. So many people recover from it with just mild symptoms, but that’s where the scary part begins because the risk of it being spread around is still there, so that’s what scares me the most. This may sound weird, or even awkward, but I’m sure that I can handle it, but I cannot say the same thing for my parents.

So, I know it may sound “silly”, but after losing my beloved friend to cancer in 2013, I’ve read scientific papers like crazy, and still do. I’m obsessed with health, exercising an hour every day, intermittent fasting, and I’m a vegan (not only for health reasons, obviously)

This is of course not a cure for COVID-19, but (along with other very well known measures) Vitamin D supplementation is effective in “respiratory tract infections”(you may do your own research on its effects on immune system. We are taking 1000 IU / 25 MCG Vitamin D3, EVERY DAY.) - Not a cure anyway, but it may still help to keep the body at its best in case of an unfortunate event. You may do your own research, but this is what science says.

Wish you the very best.
The best part of this is that this planet has ended SO MANY times.
This will pass too, and we will still be here.
Stay safe, and isolated (at least for a while :wink:)

Victory will be ours.
:v:

2 Likes

Thank you for caring for the authors and the countries that are suffering from this pandemic.
For me sales have been falling for more than a year, the reason: Envato Elements and the prices of many authors at 5 dollars per track.
The result will be that the best and highest quality authors will inevitably leave Audiojungle. this will produce a considerable drop in quality. Unfortunately for me I am on the verge of not covering expenses, taxes etc and I will have to abandon this job that I am so passionate about.

I hope that all the authors and their relatives are well.

5 Likes

I agree with all the above questions

Heya @collis and thanks a tone for the update! I wanted to ask, is the Envato HQ Staff working from home now? I know you guys have a lot of folks working remotely, my thoughts are out there with everyone, including those at the main Envato HQ!

Stay safe!

3 Likes

Actually this situation is very critical this time all author fall to the disaster. I think Envato can help to author according to previous month earning. Moreover Envato fees reduce can help us because if fees decrease to 10% (Exclusive author) , it can helps to with our lowest sale.

======== Envato can do this ===========
I stingly suggest for 10% fees(exclusive author) for next 1 year Moreover Envato Marketing Team can be expand for better performance.

======= Author can do this ============
Author need to increase their marketing works also and need to give discount item price (That can attract to buyer).

Best Regards

1 Like

Hope this end soon and everyone can go back their works.

1 Like

Sorry! This is my black humorous reaction to fear. I’m scared of coronavirus too. Don’t think about me so bad

Thanks @MagicMood9 and @Bedros for stepping in. @IndigoSeeds, please keep these sort of jokes the forums, and to be honest, out of anywhere… Please consider this a warning. Jokes like these are highly, highly inappropriate in any circumstance, moreso in the current moment.

3 Likes

+1! Cutting down fees will certainly help everyone to survive in such hard times, for all of us!

1 Like

There will be a certain higher demand for home entertainment and the like, as well as from the videogame sector. Advertisers who sell their products on supermarkets and pharmacies will need music as well. People will be at home, hooked on their TVs and computers. So far, I don’t think we’re completely out of business. We the authors are in home isolation too, inside our home studios. Let’s get to work.

We’ll pull though this. I know we will.

2 Likes

5 Likes