AE crash while invoking element 3d

HI guys! Hope you can help me.
I ve just purchased element 3d and i am working in my new project. But every time i select the layer with element 3d, Ae crash with the following text message.
After effects error: crash occurred while invoking element 3d plugin
I ve disabled openGL but it don’t solve the problem. Any thoughts? Have you got this kind of error?
Its very frustrating because i can’t continue working on it
Thanks a lot friends!

jvirgos said

HI guys! Hope you can help me.
I ve just purchased element 3d and i am working in my new project. But every time i select the layer with element 3d, Ae crash with the following text message.
After effects error: crash occurred while invoking element 3d plugin
I ve disabled openGL but it don’t solve the problem. Any thoughts? Have you got this kind of error?
Its very frustrating because i can’t continue working on it
Thanks a lot friends!

Did you download update for Element 3D?

Hi miseld ,I guess its not necessary cause i ve purchased it some days ago so it must be the latest version

try to update graphic card driver. what card do you have btw?

Also http://www.videocopilot.net/help/element/help_files/#troubleshooting

Creattive said

try to update graphic card driver. what card do you have btw?

NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB
Mac OS X Lion 10.7
if i go to updates it seems no need update graphic card.

Massfocus said

OMG I´m stupid! I´ve purchased before seeing the compatibility and it seems my graphic card is not compatible!! Bad news… My project is dead before to born :crying:

yup, unfortunately it’s too old. Original mac-graphic cards are super expensive, so I bought a GTX 570 (Windows) for a small price and installed it in my 2008 Mac Pro.

It works fine so far, but you don’t see the apple-bootscreen, the screen is black until the desktop is there.

Nevertheless, I mostly run windows on my Mac, because it works much faster in After Effects (whyever)

Lot of buyers don’t have super fast GFX Card so, try to work under 1280 x 720 resolution.

jvirgos said
Massfocus said

OMG I´m stupid! I´ve purchased before seeing the compatibility and it seems my graphic card is not compatible!! Bad news… My project is dead before to born :crying:

Maybe it’s stupid for someone but i’ve learned working with Envato, you need to stay up to date with your hardware. Few months ago i’ve bought iMac 21’5 - Late 2012 and i still need something better. 3 months from Envato earnings, yearly i’m investing in equipment. This year was Nikon D3200 and iMac 21’5 - Late 2012 model. This is must my friend, also when i was purchasing ELEMENT 3D i’ve purchase PRO SHADERS PACK (didn’t know that they are not accepted on marketplaces) but they serve for customization much better.

If it doesn’t work with your graphic card then I’m pretty sure they’ll give you a refund if you get in-touch within a week or two of purchase. Or you could not bother and just wait until you’ve upgraded.

3Ddym said

Lot of buyers don’t have super fast GFX Card so, try to work under 1280 x 720 resolution.

I didnt realize it. Thanks for the advice

miseld said
jvirgos said
Massfocus said

Maybe it’s stupid for someone but i’ve learned working with Envato, you need to stay up to date with your hardware. Few months ago i’ve bought iMac 21’5 - Late 2012 and i still need something better. 3 months from Envato earnings, yearly i’m investing in equipment. This year was Nikon D3200 and iMac 21’5 - Late 2012 model. This is must my friend, also when i was purchasing ELEMENT 3D i’ve purchase PRO SHADERS PACK (didn’t know that they are not accepted on marketplaces) but they serve for customization much better.

Yes its really true.i must update my hardware. I hope to increase my sales to do it :slight_smile: Thanks my friends for your support

StencilMedia said

If it doesn’t work with your graphic card then I’m pretty sure they’ll give you a refund if you get in-touch within a week or two of purchase. Or you could not bother and just wait until you’ve upgraded.

Element 3d is a must have! So ill keep it until ive upgraded.