About vocal libraries usage on royalty-free music

Hi,

I want to know if someone here had bought and use a vocal library that allows you to use their vocal samples to produce royalty-free music?

Every company I’ve contact before purchase a sample library to ask about if there are any legal/license issues to use their vocals on my royalty-free music have said to me that is not allowed, so is very frustrating, because I would love to add some vocals on my songs, but it seems impossible with the companies I know (ex: loopmasters, Zero-G, Big Fish Audio, etc).
Have anybody knows a company that allow this ?

Thanks

Are you looking for choral, or solo voices? What kind of style? I use EastWest/Quantum Leap http://www.soundsonline-europe.com/Symphonic-Choirs . I sometimes use the Kontakt built in choir to fatten up the timbre too.

They have another library too that does solo female vocals á la the Gladiator film.

These are all fine to use in commercial projects as long as you’re not reselling them as solo samples.

I checked Zero -G (Vocal Factory) web page, and found this in libraries description:

" All the samples have all been pre-cleared and are 100% original and royalty-free for your musical use without any additional licensing fees."

Hi, I was looking for sampler libraries like this:

http://www.loopmasters.com/genres/57-Vocals

Where real people sing several phrases in various styles (pop, r&b, rock, ethnic, etc), so I can make it work with my music to create a music + vocal track.

When I ask if I can use this kind of libraries they say I can’t.

Perhaps they are misunderstanding your question? From the loopmasters FAQ:

Loopmasters Products
You may use the sounds in combination with other sounds within your musical compositions. You may release such compositions commercially without payment of any further fees or royalties for such usage. For example, if you are the original purchaser of a sample CD, and you used sounds from it to create the soundtrack of a television commercial, simply by combining a synth loop sample with a guitar loop, and the TV advert was broadcast hundreds of times, you would keep all the royalties that the advert earns you, because you already purchased a private license to use the sounds commercially.
You cannot use the sounds in isolation (i.e. when not within musical compositions) as part of a commercially released project - for instance you cannot use the sounds to make another sample CD, or for sound effects on a website or multimedia production - unless as part of a composition with other sounds.

You cannot use the sounds in isolation (i.e. when not within musical compositions) as part of a commercially released project - for instance you cannot use the sounds to make another sample CD, or for sound effects on a website or multimedia production - unless as part of a composition with other sounds.

waleeed

As I understand it’s not allowed to use any loops or fragments of instrumentals and vocals. However, I think that solo vocal sampes are very specific, and it’s better to spend money for recording live vocal for your music. :slight_smile:

1 Like