YouTube Content ID Policy Update on AudioJungle

Great step forward! Portfolio has been updated :slight_smile:

I don’t understand, should I register my music in youtube to be able to track it or just I have to add the banner AJ provides on each item? How I register my music with YouTube Content ID?

Thanks

Sonicbyte said

I don’t understand, should I register my music in youtube to be able to track it or just I have to add the banner AJ provides on each item? How I register my music with YouTube Content ID?

Thanks

Hey Rodrigo, to get your music registered and tracked on YouTube’s ContentID system, you have to submit it via a third party partner platform such as AdRev first. The tracks are checked and then ported over into ContentID. You then get access to a dashboard so you can track your music across YouTube.

Composers that are licensing their music here on AJ, that already have their tracks registered to ContentID (via AdRev, Audiam, TuneCore, etc) should use the banner and specify this in the ‘edit’ section of their items.

Hope that explains things! :slight_smile:

AlumoAudio said
Sonicbyte said

Thanks

Hey Rodrigo, to get your music registered and tracked on YouTube’s ContentID system, you have to submit it via a third party partner platform such as AdRev first. The tracks are checked and then ported over into ContentID. You then get access to a dashboard so you can track your music across YouTube.

Composers that are licensing their music here on AJ, that already have their tracks registered to ContentID (via AdRev, Audiam, TuneCore, etc) should use the banner and specify this in the ‘edit’ section of their items.

Hope that explains things! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much Alumo !

One more question, how do you manage the people who purchase a music license from you and then use it for a video on YouTube ? I saw your profile description and the advice to possible youtube claims… is that the way to do it?

Thanks again

Sonicbyte said

One more question, how do you manage the people who purchase a music license from you and then use it for a video on YouTube ? I saw your profile description and the advice to possible youtube claims… is that the way to do it?

Yes, what I have written on my profile is how I do it, as I’m registered with AdRev and those instructions apply to AdRev registered composers only. There’s a different process for composers registered with Audiam or TuneCore, for example.

But remember that AJ now has proper directions in place for buyers to see the full process and to clear claims from their videos using their purchased License(s).

If a buyer gets in touch with you directly about this via email, Twitter, etc, you can now simply direct them to Envato’s Buyers Guide to YouTube ContentID & Copyright Notices help article, and everything they need to know, including the claim removal process is found there.

Am I right in assuming that Adrev is our community’s watchdog when it comes to youtube, and would be a wise move to register our portfolios. My question is, when doing so, we have to upload our tracks to Adrev as well. Should these be the watermarked preview tracks?

Guys, purely out of curiosity - do you know whether it’s also possible to pull a track out of Adrev or in other words - cancel already submitted music? Thx.

RomanosMusic said

Am I right in assuming that Adrev is our community’s watchdog when it comes to youtube, and would be a wise move to register our portfolios. My question is, when doing so, we have to upload our tracks to Adrev as well. Should these be the watermarked preview tracks?

No, you don’t need to upload the watermarked version. In the event that a watermarked version of your music would be used in a Youtube video it will be flagged anyway. Just as if there is a voice over for example.

||+1254762|-LYRA- said-|| Guys, purely out of curiosity - do you know whether it's also possible to pull a track out of Adrev or in other words - cancel already submitted music? Thx.

Once you’ve submitted your music to AdRev, it’s administered for a term of one year, so you won’t be able to remove it before then. Take a look at their FAQ here (under the Rights section): http://cid.adrev.net/faq

AlumoAudio said
||+1254762|-LYRA- said-|| Guys, purely out of curiosity - do you know whether it's also possible to pull a track out of Adrev or in other words - cancel already submitted music? Thx.

Once you’ve submitted your music to AdRev, it’s administered for a term of one year, so you won’t be able to remove it before then. Take a look at their FAQ here (under the Rights section): http://cid.adrev.net/faq

Thanks a lot!

plastic3 said

Eric, how much time AJ give to the authors for these changes? I think, it must be minimum a few months, because some portfolios are really big…

Same here. While i apprechiate the step forward with the ID content policy, it’s not realistic to let authors go trough a complete portfolio track by track to make this changes.

I remember us authors asking since 4-5 years for a item description block/header/footer or whatever you might call it, that shows up troughout the Portfolio in the describtions. It’s really something that would help everyone.
I at least don’t see a chance to update my portfolio within the next few months as i simply don’t have the time to do this.

Any help on that in the near future ?

||+1254788|Edge-of-Noise said-||
RomanosMusic said

No, you don’t need to upload the watermarked version. In the event that a watermarked version of your music would be used in a Youtube video it will be flagged anyway. Just as if there is a voice over for example.

Thanks a lot. Suppose it’s advisable to get some form of protection.

SonicCube said

Same here. While i apprechiate the step forward with the ID content policy, it’s not realistic to let authors go trough a complete portfolio track by track to make this changes.

Took about an hour for my 200+ items. Cmd (or Alt) click on your Edit links in the portfolio and open up 30 items at a time, then just Ctrl-V, scroll, click ContentID, type AdRev. It's not much fun but you can do it ;)

SonicCube said

I remember us authors asking since 4-5 years for a item description block/header/footer or whatever you might call it, that shows up troughout the Portfolio in the describtions. It’s really something that would help everyone.

+1 - no idea why this has been overlooked for so long.

“Thank you for your interest in YouTube’s Content ID. It appears that you applied previously and were not accepted.
Our program is designed for exclusive rights holders whose content appears on YouTube. If you would like us to reconsider your request, you may reapply after Jun 15, 2015.
Please note that you may still use the copyright notification web form or apply for the Content Verification Program, which may be better suited for your current needs.”

where is their customer service when you REALLY need it

looks like I have to wait a long time until I can use this feature :frowning:

dreikelvin said

“Thank you for your interest in YouTube’s Content ID. It appears that you applied previously and were not accepted.
Our program is designed for exclusive rights holders whose content appears on YouTube. If you would like us to reconsider your request, you may reapply after Jun 15, 2015.
Please note that you may still use the copyright notification web form or apply for the Content Verification Program, which may be better suited for your current needs.”

where is their customer service when you REALLY need it

looks like I have to wait a long time until I can use this feature :frowning:

Am I correct in thinking you applied to YouTube’s ContentID system directly? If so, that probably explains why you were rejected, as this is generally reserved for very large publishing companies, networks or catalogues, especially those that fall outside of the royalty free domain such as large Creative Commons libraries.

For independent RF composers in our position, it’s always recommended to go via a partner system such as AdRev, Audiam or TuneCore as these submit the music into the ContentID system on our behalf, yet happily accept and manage smaller, royalty free catalogues owned by individuals. Hope that throws some light on it anyway.

thanks! I will check this out!

SonicCube said
plastic3 said

Eric, how much time AJ give to the authors for these changes? I think, it must be minimum a few months, because some portfolios are really big…

Hey guys, I realize an automated update process for authors would be ideal here, however that’s unfortunately not available at this time. Additionally as some have pointed out not all authors have every single one of their items registered, or necessarily want to place the required HTML snippet at the very top of the item description, so being able to update on an individual item basis has it’s benefits.

In the interest of clarity and a consistent experience for AudioJungle buyers, we’d ask that you do your best to update your items within one month’s time. As others have already done & pointed out even for a relatively large portfolio it should only take a few hours altogether.

That being said if you have a very large portfolio (100-200+ items) that is entirely registered with YouTube Content ID, message me directly and I’ll see if there’s anything I can do to help.

Hey Guys, it might look horrible having to update manually a large portfolio, anyway I’ve updated my 264 items in 2 hours and half. If you split the job in three or four days it’s nothing too huge to do :slight_smile:

One quick question, is ‘ok’ If I upload watermarked versions of my songs to, for instance, AdRev or should I always must to upload the original clean file?
I ask this because I have most of my watermarked version of my songs uploaded on SoundCloud or dropbox and it’s easier to connect those services directly to bulk upload everything than just go one file at the time.

Thanks

Sonicbyte said

One quick question, is ‘ok’ If I upload watermarked versions of my songs to, for instance, AdRev or should I always must to upload the original clean file?
I ask this because I have most of my watermarked version of my songs uploaded on SoundCloud or dropbox and it’s easier to connect those services directly to bulk upload everything than just go one file at the time.

Thanks

I asked them about this some time ago and they advised to only upload the clean, unwatermarked files via their site, as they need to get an accurate digital fingerprint of the music. Hope that helps.