WP Themes (Standard License)

Hi,

Are buyers legally permitted to install a WP Theme purchased from Envato Marketplace multiple times (in different sub-directories) in a single domain under standard license?

Kindest regards,

Luis

Hi ilmosys and thanks for your response.

Can you say for the record if the answer to my question is Yes or No? If a separate purchase for each theme/website copy is in order then this is understandable.

What’s confusing is when I begin to think it’s permitted. For example,

“You can make any number of copies of the single End Product, as long as the End Product is distributed for Free.”
— Go for it! Things you can do with the Item - http://themeforest.net/licenses/terms/regular

If I were to fully customize template for a client and install the ‘End Product’ in a sub-directory at their request, would I be obligated to inform them to purchase a separate license if they planned to duplicate the End Product and install it in a different sub directory within the same domain?

Kindest regards,

Yes in regular licenses Things you can do with the Item

1. You can make any number of copies of the single End Product, as long as the End Product is distributed for Free.
  2. You can modify or manipulate the Item. You can combine the Item with other works and make a derivative work from it.

Yes in regular licenses Things you can not do with the Item

1. You can’t Sell the End Product, except to one client. (If you or your
    client want to Sell the End Product, you will need the Extended License.
  2. You can’t re-distribute the Item as stock, in a tool or template, or with source files.

Might other provided enough information, but i been asked this many time before and after searching on envato i have founded that one license for one site one domain…you can not have multiple sites under one domain using same theme…you need to buy license for each site even if its under one domain

Regards,

Hi ilmosys and sincerely appreciate your very helpful comments!

One last question as my client will almost certainly raise the question.

T&C’s define a single application as, “One unique end product (which can be copied and made available to end users of that product).” and continues to discuss Multi-use saying, “A website theme can only be customized to create one customized website. If you want to create a second website from the same theme, you should purchase another license.

Client will almost certainly wish to modify the End Product copy in some way and not entirely sure now if they are permitted to do so having read the above (even though it will only ever be used/associated with a single domain).

Do you still think this is permissible?

Thanks janxcode, having a policy that reads, “One unique WP theme license per WP installation” is easier and clearer I think covers any ambiguity regarding single domain, multi-use or multi-site use.

Don’t you agree?

Curious if you know how best to arrive at official Envato Marketplace response?

Kindest regards,

Luis

welcome @lmelendez_jr please read details carefully : http://themeforest.net/licenses/terms/regular

In the old forums, @Carmen said (she was one of the staff members) :

Link to her post in the old forums.
I’m no web expert, so I’m not sure if her post is related to what you’re asking about. so please excuse me if this has nothing to do with your question. :slightly_smiling:

Thank you all very much indeed!

I’m glad it helped, you’re welcome :slightly_smiling:

Hi Osama, I sent you an email earlier today. Can you confirm if received OK? Kindest regards, Luis

Responded to your email, I’m always happy to answer your questions :slightly_smiling: