Why not custom prices for AJ?

Spare a thought for your brothers and sisters in the world of motion graphics. Use a HD video in a Youtube video: $8. Use the same video in a Hollywood blockbuster: $8 :cry:

Yep, I guess thatā€™s another story :smile:

I donā€™t know enough about AE motion graphics and stock video to make a proper judgement, but I was surprised to see how low the prices were on VH. Especially considering the incredible quality of all the stuff available there.

I think the overall price isnā€™t too bad. Yes, it;s cheap compared to a lot of other sites, but it;s difficult to get anywhere near the volume of sales in other sites, from what Iā€™ve found anyway. Iā€™m more motion graphics though than AE, so Iā€™m no expert in the marketplace as a whole. I was disappointed when the extended licenses were removed from motion graphics. The multi-use option is a welcome addition, but Iā€™d prefer regular, extended, multi-use regular and multi-use extended.

1 Like

in some countries money is worh much less than in other countries, so authors from countries where money is worth very little can set the price very low because itā€™s a lot of money for them, but thatā€™s not good for authors from countries where life is really expensive, that means bankrupt to them
it would be simply unjust

I believe the duration rule like under 30 seconds is 9$ and under 1 min is 12$ etc is not good.
Its music and usually done with great care and work, so it shouldnā€™t be cheaper because its small. I think this rule should be tweaked a little bit.

I have a solo piano track that goes for about $25 average. End of last year it went for $600 and $200 approximately in two separate uses.
Prices are a bit of a lottery.

+1 for custom prices.

+1000 for custom pricing.

Keep the base pricing level where it is now (or bumping it to $25 would be a move in the right direction) and give authors the choice to set their prices higher if they want to.

Authors who want to stay at the lower prices can, authors who want to charge more, can. Everybody wins.

It would also allows authors to price slightly higher to account for costs and poor exchange rates.

AudioJungle has a ā€˜pile them high, price them lowā€™ business model. It uses carrot and stick methods to make authors think the number of sales, rather than the revenue generated it the most important thing. itā€™s all about that big sales total on the profile page, attaining badges and reaching levels.

My experience on other sites that allow custom pricing is that Iā€™ve actually sold more at a much higher price level. When Iā€™ve experiment with raising prices further it hasnā€™t made any difference with sales.

1 Like

300$ for a Hollywood production? This is not serious. I love that AJ has the option for extended licenses, but it should have an option for Hollywood or somethingā€¦