Why not custom prices for AJ?

I agree but slighty going up with prices, not that sudden…That will turn buyers away but i think up to 30$ is affordable…I was thinking about that every big company, television, radio station etc. have different pricing then youtubers and classic videos, presentations…I know that there is already a licence category but its rare thing that someone will purchase higher tier licence…Thats why Envato should put universal licencing for a specific ammount…For example 30-40$ for extended licence (no regular licencing and should be removed).

Price controls can easily be implemented. Envato can impose a $19 minimum for all tracks regardless of length but allow writers to sell for more if they chose to do so. That is how you avoid reckless price undercutting from those who are disrespectful of their own music. I never understood the policy of selling 30’s and idents for $8 or $12 …$15…whatever the price is. Just raise the minimum fee to $19…and even more for that matter…why not $25? but also allow us to sell at any price above that if we so chose to do so. I certainly would raise my price for every track to at least $30 including idents/ 30’s/ 60’s…Everything would be at least $30, and tracks that sell more I’d price even higher.

Think about all the customers who are so used to sourcing music here for $19 for their weekly corporate projects. Are they really going to leave just because they may have to spend $6 more? Is that really going to have an impact on their bottom line if they spend perhaps a couple of hundred more dollars each year on stock music? NO…It won’t.

Selling tracks for $308 for national spots is still way below market rate. Literally $5000 below normal market rates.

1 Like

Well you put a lower limit,like 15$…

1 Like

Let’s rephrase: Allow custom higher prices.

Agree with that.

1 Like

The higher end prices on AJ are definitely way too low, $308 for unlimited? That’s insane. A family member of mine does film and tv music (full songs) and the minimum she gets for 30 sec spots on TV shows is $5000-$7000, and that’s the low end. She’s done commercials where she was paid close to 6 figures. If her songs were on AJ she would’ve been paid $308 lol

1 Like

Is that a one-off payment though?

Not sure if that’s directed to me but no, they’re non-exclusive licenses so they can license the same song to more than one tv show/ad spot. They also sell the songs on iTunes and Spotify and make even more money.

So we are inprisoned :joy_cat:

Yes, good for her, and Leonardo DiCaprio gets $25 million for a movie. Now, if that was even remotely possible for everyone without the right contacts places like AJ would not exist.

But I agree that $308 could be at least doubled or tripled.

1 Like

I agree but my point was that AJ’s price of $308 for an unlimited license is no where even remotely in the same universe as the industry average. I was just throwing out some normal numbers you can expect when you place tracks.

Obviously you’re not going to sell many, if any, tracks for $5000 on AJ but at least knock it up to $600-$1000.

2 Likes

Again you will see most of the track 15 bucks

That’s pretty good then.

Yep, completely agree with that. Honestly, I’m ok with $19 standard licenses, but I really do think the broadcast licenses could be bumped up. After all, I’m willing to bet that most of the companies that require these licenses will be used to paying much more for an extended license like that. For that bracket of clients, I think having a $1,000 shouldn’t make much difference.

If most people priced at $15, most would see less sales than if they priced higher because everyone’s competing at the same price point. Also, buyers would see the $15 tracks as the “cheap” ones because they are the lowest price. I’m sure there would be some gems in the lower bracket but generally the popular/high quality authors would probably aim for a higher price for their items (less competition and they’d be seen as higher quality).

1 Like

the trick would be to have a minimum price, then it might work.

1 Like

I think all of the license rates should be raised, especially the broadcast licenses, and I really wish they would make a decision to allow PRO registered music (I know, that’s a different can of worms I won’t open here). AJ is one of the main sites for low budget micro-stock music, so it would be good if they would bring up the rates a bit. They’re still way below what some upper tier micro-stocks charge. Think of the top micro-stocks that sell very expensive images and look at their rates for music. They are very high priced compared to AJ so there is plenty of room to up the rate. I think if AJ shifted the standard license to $24, at least it would be a start.

Personally, I don’t like individual pricing situation, even with a minimum being set, because it creates a pricing war. I’ve seen this happen on several self-pricing sites. People raise rates, then end up dropping them because too many stay low and refuse to raise them. Only those with very high quality and self-marketing that send people directly to their profile would be somewhat unaffected by such a war. This also can confuse customers if they start seeing people selling mediocre music for $49.95 standard licenses versus top quality material for $19. They might wonder “What is AudioJungle doing?”… unaware that the pricing is being set by the authors. I don’t think Envato wants that, and therefore, won’t move in that direction.

2 Likes

Yeah! Raise of bigger licenses.

Oh, good, i don’t need to create a thread like this. It’s still an interesting issue cause aj have the lowest prices of all other market places and i try to understand it.

Don’t forget that whilst AJ’s prices may seem low, they’re actually quite reasonable:

It’s important to consider that AudioJungle licenses are single-use, whereas many other sites with higher-priced music will often have unlimited-use licenses.

I am very much in favour of the consistent pricing across AJ. It keeps a fair and competitive market for both buyers and authors.

The only area where prices could see an increase, however, is in the higher tier broadcast licenses. In my opinion, Music Broadcast and Film licenses could easily be priced at $750+. Buyers should also be encouraged to choose the correct license for their project, as in many cases music has been broadcast with standard licenses, which isn’t great.

Other than that I’d say AJ’s pricing scheme is very well thought out.