Who can chase foreign PRO royalties?

You are exactly right MykeRoss. I have been extremely critical of top selling authors because this problem clearly impacts them the most. Until they unify and approach Envato with an ultimatum of “change the way you sell broadcast licenses or there will be consequences”, nothing will change. If they remain complicit, and submissive to the controlling authority, nothing will change. I do agree that people want to come here and buy music quickly and easily with minimal questions asked and inconveniences. I really do get that for STANDARD licenses. HOWEVER, when a TV spot broadcast license is sold to USA and European advertisers, that really is very serious and Big Business, and should be handled with more care because a lot more money is on the line than Envato realizes.

Envato still thinks that this place is just a cookie cutter play house for youtube videos and small marketing firms…perhaps it once was. I am witnessing a very different marketplace. It is one where fortune 500 companies and high end post houses are coming here to find music. What does Envato do to welcome them in? They are shouting as loud as they can to go and get music for $16.50 (all you can download!)…That is their answer and boy is that SAD!!!

1 Like

Exactly.

I’ve been raving about Envato’s business politics for years now. They can implement broadcast license structures and PRO usage as much as they want, as long as their reputation remains the low price drive by library who nobody cares about once they hit the buy button, then sadly, not much will change.

I know beeing critical against a company which you are affiliated with can be somehow intimidating, but the criticism I’m uttering is well tought trough and based on facts. Envato has long been the leader when it came to selling music licenses for youtubers, but they need to acknowledge that these are not the only ones who are buying their music here and that these persons/production companies/broadacters have to follow certain rules. Many of them are buying also licenses from greater libraries and those licenses are way higher. So they do know the rules! Envato is the key element here.

Please @collis, hire some people who know business licensing and finally turn Audiojungle into something these buyers don’t laugh at. Change the licensing structure. Run Ads. You have the power to get this straight. Envato is loosing money as much as we are.

I have one question. What if we filled the cue sheet and add it to the zip. Maybe it will help a bit with the unconscious illegal using?

Some authors do that though it still doesn’t solve the problem because:

1. It doesn’t guarantee that buyer will use it
  2. Each country have different cue sheet blankets

But in general, yes, we should provide blank cue sheet. Even if it helps very rarely.

1 Like

Been a long time, but I just wanted to see if anyone has anything new on this important topic.
So recently a few clients have bought 10 million broadcast licenses for some of my tracks. As you all know, we get basic buyer’s info - so I tried to google their company info, website, youtube channel, their portfolios etc., to hopefully find a recent advert with my music. But guess what… Nothing.

I wonder if there are any tools for audio matching with YouTube videos? For example, an online service where you upload your track and then it recognizes it in YouTube video(s)? I know there’s Shazam and similar services, but these usually just detect famous copyrighted songs. Also there’s Tunesat and Soundmouse, but these never worked for me.

It should be easy and open source now with all the AI fingerprint tech… I mean, come on, it’s 2022 and this should be a piece of cake for YouTube and Google nowadays, right?

CID for the Youtube, e.g. Identifyy.
Tunesat and Soundmouse for broadcast.

I have described it in the guide already:

1 Like

Thanks a lot @RedOctopus - this is a massive help, much appreciated!

Cheers