Using Envato Illustrations to create Merchandise (eg. T-Shirts) to sell

Hello creative community.

I have a question that might be a little silly but I rather want to make sure I’m not in breach of any copyright/licensing rules.

I am busy building a brand and want to use illustrations from Envato Elements to put on merchandise like T-Shirts to sell.
To clarify more, I found a good few illustrations by various creators that I want to download and then use to produce T-Shirts and other merchandise for my brand. The final product I sell will be the actual piece of merchandise (T-Shirt) NOT the illustration as a stand-alone product.

Am I allowed to use graphics from Envato in this way?
Should I give credit to the creator?

Thank you so much in advance for any advice anyone could give me.

Short answer is no. You cannot use the images ( items ) for resale/sell again in any other way from Elements.
There’s one solution though. If the item you like is available for sale on GraphicRiver with “Extended license” option ( not “Standard License” ), you can purchase it with the correct license and sell it elsewhere.

You’re good as long as you’re not reselling the raw illustrations and it’s part of your final product (like the T-shirt). Double-check the licensing terms for the specific graphics, but it’s usually cool. Or you can use ai vector images generated on your own to avoid misunderstandings. Giving credit is a nice touch but only sometimes required. Good luck with your brand – rock those T-shirts!

No, you’re wrong:

Clear guidelines on what’s not allowed

Some common-sense limitations do apply, as set out below:

• You can’t re-sell, or re-distribute items;
  • You can’t use items in on-demand services;
  • You generally can’t use items as the basis for merchandising. For example, printing a logo from Envato Elements straight onto a T-shirt is not allowed. See clause 13 below for the relevant terms and conditions; and