The Sales Monitor 2

Elements is stable and keep earning above average or on average, but I’m worried about one thing that if all authors move to elements I’m sure the earning will not be the same as before.

But maybe Elements will catch more subscribers in the near future, so more people will possibly download your items, then your earnings will keep growing instead of being the same. Perhaps the bonus could change, or not. All I know today is that Elements gives me approx 4 times the Videohive earnings. Anyway, I would like to keep good marketplace earnings if possible.

Hello

Has anything happened recently here in the marketplace recently?

Because my sales have completely stopped in the last 7 days and feb has become like 9 years ago like when i joined?

Being and elite author and over 100 items, it never happened to me before? Am i missing something or this is just the new normal?

Thanks

4 Likes

As i say same here. It’s a shame that i didn’t pass $80 last 12 days (as you mention that was 10 years ago)
I think they are testing and splitting some of us to Elements. Elements earnings should increase in next period.

A similar here. Only 3 sales so far on VH. :neutral_face:

Truly weird to hear that such veterans here are not even passing 80 dollars in 12 days this month :flushed:

I totally agree with you about these sites. I know that people who want items for free with no intention to buy, will never be real cutomers for us. I just said that I think free trials will make things easier for them, but I know the impact on sales is not huge, not even close, just negative for the only reason to see our items on those sites. Anyway, we´ll know how good or bad is this trial test at the end of the experiment.

It’s not easy when they should enter a valid card number )

3 Likes

Well, as it is now, a new project is pirated within the first minutes after it’s publication on Elements so it is quite easy already.

And that is why it doesn’t matter - trial period exists or not. So there is no reason to complain about pirates. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Mine is even worse then yours and it just happened all of a sudden in the month of feb. For me, everything was fine until around 9 days ago or so. It also the free subcription week on elements so that might have played a part on it aswell.

Who knows, maybe its just you and me.

I also have a sharp drop in sales, you are not alone. And although I finished last year not bad, but I need to change something, I’m tired of this kind of swing. My thought is that my recent projects are visually outdated

there are few files free to try on elements for people who want to try before buy.

Well we just have to wait to see the result. nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I’m surprised there’s even the need of a trial for a 30$ subscription with unlimited downloads…
The freebies are already worth more that 1 months subcription, or, they can go and check prices on VH to realize that EE is already a good deal.
My portfolio on VH is worth at least 10k$ and on EE is 30$…come on! :joy:

So what’s next, customers in 2025 be like “Do I even have to pay for digital assets?” :joy:

On Topic: my best time of the year is Christmas Season in both VH and EE.
VH is super slow, EE is quite stable. Had a big drop in March 2020 and I want to check if I’ll have the same drop in 2021, just to understand if it was mostly Covid related or not.

1 Like

Without any complaints, I would say that is seriously a possibility for which we may need to be prepared :wink:

Elements trial topic hijected this thread deeply.

I guess Envato and all other marketplaces, 3D modeling, scripts, and other similar businesses and authors will all go bankrupt :woman_shrugging: Better cash in till it lasts! :laughing:

It’s most possible scenario. But actually I don’t think artists should afraid, there will be other possibilities to earn money.
Even today free art doesn’t mean that its creator earns zero from it.

$51 same days…

8 days without sales… February is disaster

God knows what happens.