“The link you followed has expired”

On installing new theme to Wordpress I’m getting “The link you followed has expired”
I purchased unica 19.02.19 been let down by host - found another, went to upload and got this message.

Hello,

Follow this link hope will helpful for you

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you and yes, done that, have downloaded and tried to upload wp files only. Message is the same

This is not a theme issue. Please check that you went through all of the suggestions in my post - changing the memory limit was just one of the three different steps.

Ultimately, if you can’t figure it out, you need to contact your web host. It’s an issue on their side.

Thats correct, this isn’t a theme issue. I have enough space to upload via host. when installing it via wordpress I am getting a message saying ‘the link I followed has expired’.

ok, is there a set amount of time you get to upload your theme from the purchase time?
Would this be a reason it would say the link that I downloaded immediately after purchase has expired?

Is there a time limit on uploads from purchase?

thank you

Contact with your item author hope they will help you out form your issue.

fingers X’d. if I’d known it was going to be this complicated I certainly wouldn’t of bothered purchasing as so far this has been an absolute disaster. thank you for your time. given your last response this should be the end of the matter, unless I have no success with the author. thank you, best wishes

If the above solution not work for you then you can check this:

Common error: Downloading the wrong theme zip file

Make absolutely, positively sure you select the “Installable WordPress file only” option. If you select “All files & documentation” by mistake, you will not be able to install this zip as is. Instead unzip the file and then locate the installable theme file within it. Luckily most developers clearly label their files, so it should be pretty easy to find.

Please also check this helpful Theme Installation Problem article: