The AJ Community Guide #5: Moving from AdRev to Identifyy (Haawk)

Where are you from? Most countries have tax treaty with US, so:

1. Tax rate is usually lower AFTER completing this form, just as in Envato
  2. You can reduce tax in your country with the amount of witholding US tax, just like in Envato

How big is your witholding tax here, in Envato? Did you complete w8 form here?

1 Like

Unfortunately my country don’t have a treaty with the USA so I must pay to the IRS 30%… And yes, I can reduce tax in my country but not too much because of the tax laws that we have…

So unfortunately you have to pay taxes. All three CID services I know (Identifyy, AdRev, CDBaby) are from US, probably because basic Youtube CID is a Google system. Maybe other services?

Which country are you from? You don’t need to answer.

“In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes”.

1 Like

January 2021 report is out in Identifyy.

And AGAIN some videos dont appear in the report.
Casually, videos with more than 3 millions of views…
Dudes, check EVERYTHING from Identifyy, someone is stealing money…
I am tired of this, i am going to search for another company.

How do you find out they are missing videos?

Last week YouTube release the claim in one of my YouTube videos +1 million views (I monetize them through Identifyy) without any reason, so I don’t think is for the Identifyy side…

How do you know it was without any reason? E.g. video creator could upload the license he hadn’t upload before.

I mean I am very curious. I am not defending Identifyy. On the other hand Identifyy gives me earnings positively incomparable to AdRev.

Because is my Yotube video upload it to my own channel. :wink:

1 Like

Aaah, right. So how do you know it was youtube, not Identifyy? :slight_smile: Who cleared the claim?

I received an email from YouTube explaining that claim was released

1 Like

It still may be the Haawk who released the claim. E.g. maybe you have whitelisted some of your other videos and they whitelisted your whole channel?

No. I ask today to Identifyy team what could be happen in this case, but not answer yet.

Let us know what is the answer when you get it!

1 Like

Finally they told me that can’t provide that information (the reason why the claim was released) and the video was re-claimed.

1 Like

Another quarter report. In my case earnings are still rising, awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Saw my first report with Identifyy today and I am shocked! In a good way… Literally by not joining content id I have missed out on many thousands of $ over the years. I had only uploaded my most popular tracks, another mistake, now I"m going to do the rest :grinning: I would encourage everyone to do this who isn’t with a content id company, you are missing out on a lot of money.

3 Likes

I asked Identifyy which rules they have on uploading tracks. Here’s their answer:

"Please only submit tracks in either WAV or MP3 format. HIGHER QUALITY OF TRACK SUBMISSIONS TEND TO FIND MORE MATCHES! We recommend uploading 320 KBPS. Furthermore, please only upload the OFFICIAL MASTER RECORDING of your track. Please DO NOT upload shortened versions, versions with beat-tags, or track snippets.

As a final note, please ensure that the tracks you are submitting are not 0kb files, under 30 seconds, and/or are NOT over 10 minutes in length."

So it seems to be that there’s no need to upload all versions of the tracks and music kits demos.

1 Like

While editing my uploaded tracks on Identifyy I found that I don’t clearly understand one of the fields there.

What is this field talking about?
“Is this a cover song OR would you like to monetize ONLY the master recording?”

What “cover song” means is pretty clear, but what does “would you like to monetize ONLY the master recording” mean? And why do these questions come together as one choice? It looks a bit misleading.

What do you choose, guys, in this filed - NO or YES?

By default it suggests NO.

1 Like

One more question.
Can I submit original music that is distibuted to digital stores?
For example if songs are distributed via OneRPM? It is said on their website that they offer Content ID.
And also, in general, what would happen if to send the same track to two or more CID services?

You should put “no” indeed. As the composer/author, you want to both protect your master recording and your composition.

If you select “yes”, then only the very same master recording would generate matches and claims. This could be handy if you’re submitting a cover and want to protect that cover but obviously cannot claim the composition itself. Or, if you music is being covered by others and you do not want to claim those. In any case, this is not really relevant for us as stock music authors.

You can if those tracks are not already registered by the service. If the service includes ContentID registration and you can’t opt out, then do not submit the music to your own ContentID account. For, when a same track is submitted to more than one CID services, the very fabric of the universe tears itself apart.

In any case, for music submitted to AJ, you need to remain in control of the claiming process and manage your assets yourself. You cannot let a distributor manage ContentID for those tracks.

2 Likes