The AJ Community Guide #5: Moving from AdRev to Identifyy (Haawk)

Sorry for the late reply!

So depending on the library, CID monetization could be used or not. Of course it’s better to use monetization instead of video takedown or doing nothing. In my opinion it’s quite obvious way of the evolution of digital audio protection. This way:

• library makes sure that everything works fine on their own, without 3rd party services monitored by authors individually
  • claims should be resolved quicker
  • library and authors could earn money from illegal use
  • and deal with CID false positives and pirates
  • libraries could monitor licenses directly and faultless
  • libraries could make stats and analytics.
  • generally this should protect music industry against the piracy
  • generally this would increase clients trust which is still decreasing because of the complicated CID system

In my opinion it is definitely something Envato should take a closer look. Of course if videos get the claim and if authors get share. Even if share is proportionally distributed between all authors to avoid complicated calculations, just as contributor bonus on the EE.

No news about the missing video report in April.
My last message to them about it was October 15th, to know if they fixed it, still no answer.
This friday is payout day… tick tock tick tock…

This, and for some months ago, that is really hard, not to say impossible, to find claimed videos in youtube, makes me feel a little bit suspicious…

Hi guys… There is one question I can’t find an answer to… If the new YouTube rules about not being able to monetize RF music are the same for everyone, how is Identifyy able to offer such a service?

As far as I know there is no such statement in the CID eligibility rules. There is some vague point about 'libraries" but we’re not even sure what it means. We were discussing about this above.

I just can’t understand, why Identifyy can claim music, which Adrev or other Cid stopped to claim… Maybe it will work just till the first complain from customer to youtube support?

Stopped or dont find them. Maybe its because of algorythm.

AdRev can make claims but doesn’t want to do it on many authors’ behalf.

Dudes, if you are registered with Identifyy, don’t forget to check every report, there are a LOT of bugs about claims, i have found a lot of videos which disappear from one month to another, etc, etc…
I wrote to Identifyy for a claim on one video on August 27th and i still waiting for an answer…
And this is just for ONE video, i have found a lot…
Check every report.

1 Like

New report is available (3rd quarter of 2020).

Good lord. Four digits here. This is what I call a Christmas gift.

4 Likes

I am still waiting for the bug in the aprils report… :joy::joy:

Hello Good People!
I have also moved all of my portfolio to identifyy from AdRev…I have a small problem though! I have tried to contact AdRev to stop monetizing my content and delete my account and I havent head from them! I emailed them a couple of months ago but no answer at all! Today I emailed them again… Anyone else had that problem ?
Thank you in advance for reading my thread :wink:

Are you using their contact form? It’s hasn’t been working for months. I had to contact them by reopening an old ticket at their support desk.

1 Like

Yes ! I am trying in their contact form! Could you be super kind and send me their email address?

oh never mind ! I had a support ticket also !!! Thanks , its a good idea to reopen it :wink:

1 Like

Bang. Another report. Very nice in my case.

2 Likes

Got a report for the first time. Was interesting to see that most videos were either Chinese or Russian.

Has anyone else received this email from Identifyy?

Yep. Standard w8 form, like in Envato.

1 Like

And do you know if we are going to have a witholding tax for global earnings or only for views in the USA? I ask this to identifyy support but I don’t have an answer yet.

Well they have already answered me and the withheld is for worldwide royalties, so in my case this means 30% less. Someone knows another CID company not USA Based? Thanks.