Tax Information & Form W-8 Requirements for non US Authors *NEED HELP*

Hi ,
i’m a non US Author , and i need help filling W-8 document .i’m not very familiar with those kind of documents
i’m not sure what should i provide

I just go to Setting\Tax Information. Check on I am not a US person and finish some fields. I don’t need to care about W-8 form :slight_smile:

thanks alot @GTMotion , one question . when i select ( I will not or am unable to provide a Tax ID Number ) this message pops up
You have selected that you will not or are unable to provide a Tax Identity Number. You will not be entitled to claim treaty benefits and will be subject to a 30% withholding rate on your U.S. sales.
i don’t fully get what they’re trying to say

I have a Tax Identification Number (TIN) and don’t have SSN, ITIN, but my TIN only affect on my country because my country doesn’t have tax treaties with US, then I selected I will not or am unable to provide a Tax ID Number and of course my sales will be subject to a 30% withholding rate on U.S. sales. Nothing to do…
You can understand if my country doesn’t have tax treaties with US my sales will be subject to a 30% withholding rate on U.S. sales. But some countries have tax treaties with US, they will be subject a smaller percent value (ex. 25%, 20%, etc…)
You can check list here: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/international-businesses/united-states-income-tax-treaties-a-to-z

1 Like

In simple terms, if you don’t provide a tax ID number, or the country you live in doesn’t have tax treaty with the US, you’ll have to pay 30% from the item price on sales to the US.

1 Like

thanks @OsamaSayegh , and if my country does have a tax treaty with the US , do i still need to provide any tax ID num ? or i should just go ahead and select this option ( I will not or am unable to provide a Tax ID Number )

Yes, you should provide one. Otherwise, you’ll pay 30% on US sales.

@OsamaSayegh do i have to download and fill , complete and scan W-8 then finally send it to taxinfo@envato.com or what ?

Nope nope, not at all. Go to your profile settings, tax information, fill in the form over there, and that’s it.

thank you guys so much @GTMotion , @OsamaSayegh . you guys really helped me out . i was struggling at first , but now everything is crystal clear to me . thank you again :blush:

2 Likes

You’re welcome! :smile:

1 Like