Should I wait till the holiday season ends?

Hey guys!

Well, after months of being insanely busy and unable to upload anything I finally found me some time to produce music for AJ. So I already launched a few tracks this week that, unsurprisingly, collected a total of 0 sales and I have a few more almost ready to go. Needless to say, I’m aware that these are fiercely tough times for new items per se, but I was wondering: should I wait until the new year season ends to publish any new material? I know for a fact that many production houses close their offices until January…

What do you think? :thinking:

Thanks a lot, mates! Cheers! :fist_right::fist_left:

2 Likes

I uploaded 3 tracks and basically 0 activity so in your place i will just wait :wink:

2 Likes

Hi @WormwoodMusic ! I would probably wait until the end of the holidays. As the saying goes, “Dear spoon for lunch.” I have the latest new 3 tracks also with zero sales.

2 Likes

Hi :slight_smile:

I think if you start to ask yourself the question (about upload /compose etc) is that maybe you should take the opportunity to rest and enjoy your vacation. Honestly the situation is quite demoralizing, I find it a little more difficult to stay productive, I think I will do another 1 or 2 tracks and just plan to do nothing for 1 or 2 weeks !

So If you have any doubts, rest,
If you are motivated and that is the only time when you can upload new songs then do it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, definitely wait for the holiday season to end. That’s what I’m doing, as well. Time to relax and enjoy the holidays!

1 Like

Thank you so much, @popraz, @Osynthw, @WIDE-VIEW and @CleanMagicAudio! Totally agree with you guys.

I’ll take your advice and wait until Jan to launch any new stuff (the tracks I uploaded last week don’t even have views :slightly_frowning_face:). I probably won’t have much free time after February so I guess I’ll try to compose a small batch of tracks in these upcoming weeks and upload them after the holiday season ends.

Thanks again, guys! You’re the best!

4 Likes

Well, I decided to do the opposite and uploaded 2 new tracks. I just thought it might be a bit crowded here after holidays. Aaaaaand… no sales so far :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s not a bad idea at all :slight_smile:

In my case I just need a little break from all of these market :slight_smile: Got a rejection yesterday, I’m done, I need to rest aha

2 Likes

I have a few tracks waiting for January too… Absolutely no point in new items now, since my last new uploads gathered 2 sales overall!
I didn’t expect this “tweak” from the search engine this year, but it’s a whole fact: The New Item is dead in 2019! Enjoy your holidays, mate! :beer:

3 Likes

Yes, it may be more profitable to wait in January, but in general it is always such a lottery)

3 Likes