Selling website templates with pure HTML, CSS

Hello everyone! I’m a newbie to Envato Market and wondering if I could sell HTML template that I design with CSS myself. Also why uploading takes so long and is confusing?

If it reaches the necessary standards of premium features, functionality and execution then you can.

That said only using HTML and CSS and no JS etc is going to result in a limited output.

Perhaps try sharing a demo link here before submission for feeedback.

The current review time for site templates is around 1 day. It’s not exactly long

1 Like

Hello I just read old posts in here and they say it takes 5 to 10 days that’s why I said it takes so long.
So in order to sell website template at least I should use Javascript right?

Whatever you create needs to offer premium quality worth paying for.

Without seeing a finished product it’s impossible to judge but it seems unlikely that our html and css alone with be enough

1 Like

Here is my website you can see similar design
https://www.nevci.com
I can make responsive website but I’m not sure if they allow everyone to sell

Hi,

Welcome to Envato Community.
Yes you can sell but your template must have premium features and design.
Review Time you can check here:
http://quality.market.envato.com/themeforest
Sometimes it can take some more times based on the volume of submitted item for review.

Thanks

1 Like

With respect this is nowhere close to the standard for here

There are issues with all design fundamentals esp hierarchy and typography

It is also lacking features, pages, execution etc.

You should spend some time looking at successful files on the marketplace esp the attention to detail, versatility and quality of design that goes into them

Thank you

Where can I read about standarts and see functionality or example design with HTML CSS AND JS

Hi,

You can check Envato market Trending Items and best sellers Item for get an idea.

Now from dropdown you can sorting Items for Trending and best sellers Items.
One thing I would like to mention for selling Item you have to register as Author.

Thanks

1 Like

There’s no written out standards (all items should be unique) but best practice is expected eg validated code, no inline CSS etc.

Best way to understand standards is to look at big selling items eg https://themeforest.net/item/stack-multipurpose-html-with-page-builder/19337626 this one even has a page builder - it’s not a requirement but shows the type of thing you are up against and the level of expectation

1 Like

Thank you

Thank you I think I should improve my skills. Is there a chance to get freelancing job on Envato’s freelancing site? as an entry level front end.
Also Envato will look at functionality and then decide if they should approve a template for sale or not?

I don’t think they are accepting more envato studio providers at the moment and it’s generally invite only and will require demonstrated portfolio on TF

It will come down to both design and functionality but if it doesn’t look the part when the reviewer opens the item then they are unlikely to check the code as it wouldn’t make a difference to it being rejected