Revolution Slider Video won't Autoplay (muted issue in 5.2.5.3) (Javascript solution?)

I have done much research on this and believe my sliders will not autoplay their videos because of a bug in the software that will not indicate to the browser that the video in question is muted, even though the option is selected. I am trying to come up with a Javascript solution such as below (which involves multiple paths to fixing it):

revapi19.bind("revolution.slide.onvideoplay",function (e,data) { const media = data.video; var vid_class = document.getElementsByClassName("resizelistener"); var vid_tag = document.getElementsByTagName("video"); media.setAttribute("muted", ""); media.muted = true; vid_class.muted = true; vid_tag.muted = true; media.play(); })

The “resizelistener” class is attached to the video:

<video style="object-fit: cover; background-size: cover; width: 100%; height: 116.272%; transition: none 0s ease 0s; line-height: 85px; border-width: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; letter-spacing: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-size: 11px; position: absolute; left: 0px; top: -8.13609%; display: block; visibility: inherit; opacity: 1;" class="resizelistener" preload="auto">

However, when I run this code it seems the video is constantly stopping and starting as it progresses through its track and I get about 1400 of the following error messages in the console:

Unmuting failed and the element was paused instead because the user didn't interact with the document before. <URL>

I believe this is Google’s (Chrome) response to thinking the video is not muted. In Firefox the video actually plays smoothly but the play/pause buttons jump rapidly back and forth.

Can someone tell me what may be wrong with my Javascript, or if there is another way to fix this?

I know the 5.4 version of Revolution does resolve this issue but because of some difficulty with getting the license transferred from the last developer to our organization we cannot access it at the moment.

Easiest solution to purchase another copy and update the extension. If you have the purchase code, you can contact the author and they may provide the latest version by the way

That would be easy, but my organization is unlikely to go for it at the moment. Also, I have tried to submit a ticket to https://tommusrhodus.ticksy.com/ but it won’t even let me register an account because our support is expired - it appears I have no way to contact the developer as things stand.