Recommend WYSIWYG editor for Textarea.

I wish to convert one of my form textareas to WYSIWYG, that is clean and secure for posting to database.

I have been looking at WYSIHTML5

I only need list, bold, itallic, and bullet options really. No image upload. But need something we can post to DB by users, that is as secure as possible.

Any suggestions, on something ultra clean lightweight and secure ? Or best practices etc.

Cheers

Check tinymce. They have a minimal editor too.

I thought that had died a death. Will have a look thanks.

ckeditor is great

I always thought ckedior was relly heavy

Will have a looksy thanks

I am using tinymce, I tried ckeditor but found it heavy for my simple requirements.

The nice thing about ckeditor is that you can mod it the way you like.

The only thing i hate about them is that they when they initialize they will grab the windows focus. There are few hacks that will prevent these but are not ideal to use. Some have options to turn autofocus off, none work!

Just wanted to share this with you.

Australia said

TinyMCE? I thought that had died a death. Will have a look thanks.

Nope, it’s been the default editor in WordPress for years and recently the v4.0.x was integrated into core. Outside WP circles though, I can see how it may have had a lesser impact on news. :wink:

If you ever decided (now or in the future) to make WP plugins out of any of your CC items, etc using TinyMCE in them now could make it that much easier since you’d be more familiar with it at least.

Australia said

I always thought ckedior was relly heavy

You’re not alone there, it is heavy IMO as well.

We use this in our products: http://imperavi.com/redactor/

Not free though.

Currently checking out Summernote

Australia said

Nice looks pretty good.

michaeldale said
Australia said

Nice looks pretty good.

Yeah gonna give it a whirl I think, its interface looks nice. Just gonna download, and see.

Summernote looks great. I had never heard of it before now but I am going to look into it.

Well I can tell you Summernote works a treat.

Deployed and works great. So easy to customise too…

Will definitely take it for a spin. If only Envato used a WYSIWYG