Problems updating the adforest with Envato Pluglin

Hello,
Does anyone knows how to update with envato plugin?

I tried so many times and keep saying ( Envato Market plugin is not installed correctly. Please delete this plugin and get the correct zip file from https://envato.com/market-plugin/.)
I do it again as it shows the same message .
Woocommerce needs update. Thank you

Hi,

If you purchased the theme from envato market then to get auto update features you can use Envato Market WordPress Plugin. This plugin helps customers receive updates to their premium wordpress Themes & Plugins purchased through Envato Market (ThemeForest & CodeCanyon).
you can download the plugin from here:

Using this Envato Market WordPress Plugin you will see:

1. Latest version (need to update version) number
  2. Details view option for the latest version

otherwise you can download the update version from Envato Market Downloads page and update manually using ftp.

To work with Envato Market WordPress Plugin you will need Envato API personal token:
You can generate Envato API personal token here . Please make sure you set required Token permissions. It may prompt you to sign into your Envato account.

Note: Woocommerce is a free plugin and you can update it through wp-admin plugins. to update the latest version Woocommerce you will need uptodate php version 7

Thanks

Hello,
that is the problem I have download directly from envato plugin and it keep saying that error.
I dowloaded makes it a zip file 79 KB and it keeps saying error.

Hello :slight_smile:

You must use the Envato Market WordPress plugin to update the theme. When you do, sometimes you may see an update failed message. To fix this try the following:

1. Firstly, try clicking the update link again, sometimes it doesn’t work first time around.

2. If this doesn’t work, activate another theme so this theme becomes deactivated and then try updating the theme.

3. If this doesn’t work, check your token has the correct permissions by going to Envato Market > Settings and clicking the Test API Connection button. If you get an error, create a new token.

4. If it still doesn’t work it’s possible Envato’s API is down and you will need to try again later.

5. If things still don’t work, don’t worry, just download the theme update your ThemeForest Downloads page, locate the theme, click the green Download button and select the Installable WordPress file only option. Now go to Appearance > Themes and activate another theme so you can deactivate and delete this theme. Finally click the Add New and upload the zip file you just downloaded and activate the theme.

Thank you I will try that , :smiley:

1 Like

You are always welcome :slight_smile:

I just hope in the case of need deactivate one theme and active the new theme I will not loose all my work , but yes I will do a full back up before. Many many thanks for your help :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

hello,

No it did not worked :face_with_thermometer: I just dont know what to do, I already have the 4,3,8 from afforest but the envato plugin say the same thing and and there was no updates made, can anyone explain another way? This is a bit strange