Best practice for updating Codecanyon plugins

Hi there, do you have a best practice for updating plugins from Envato/Copdecanyon?

I would rather not install another plugin on all of my sites [wp-envato-market] to do this as I’ve already got a crazy number of plugin and have issues with clashes. And it seems that this plugin doesn’t;t help you update Envato plugins within the standard plugin list in you dashboard, but from a separate envato list within your dashboard?

In a more manual approach - is it best to simple deactivate and delete the old version and install the new version, or would this lose settings? I found this article which is helpful, but only relates to one plugin, so I’m wondering if it is suitable for all plugins? https://welaunch.io/plugins/faqs/faq/update-codecanyon-wordpress-plugins/

Many thanks

1 Like

Hi

If you purchased the theme from envato market then to get auto update features you can use Envato Market WordPress Plugin. This plugin helps customers receive updates to their premium wordpress Themes & Plugins purchased through Envato Market (ThemeForest & CodeCanyon).
you can download the plugin from here:

Using this Envato Market WordPress Plugin you will see:

1. Latest version (need to update version) number
  2. Details view option for the latest version

otherwise you can download the update version from Envato Market Downloads page and update manually using ftp.

Thanks