Hi to all!
I am a new author on Envato Market. I have two HTML templates that are sold (https://themeforest.net/user/airfast/portfolio). On their basis, I want to develop WordPress themes. But as far as I understand I got into a difficult time for a beginner)))
I want to do everything right, so I turn to the community of authors who already have a great experience.
- According to new requirements, how do I start developing a new theme? Maybe recommendations some frameworks to get started?
- What pages are required for my theme? What is the approximate files structure in the themes?
- Is it necessary to develop all the post formats?
- Can I use meta boxes to build a home page? Or use some page builder (Elementor)? Or develop everything based on Gutenberg?
- I do not fully understand the definition of optimization for Gutenberg. Do I need to rewrite styles for all standard blocks?
- Should I use widgets in the themes if they are not needed?
If briefly, then I am completely confused…
I do not know what technologies to use? What tools to apply? What way to go in the development of the themes?
I would appreciate the advice!