Music and AI tools - discussion thread

Thanks for your positive outlook, it’s better to look at things this way!

4 Likes

Totally, Serge, a close by neighbor was a TERRIFIC watchmaker. He mastered the Quartz technology until the appearance of digital. Now he’s quite poor and has a very modest car-wash but he’s still a genious with old watches and it’s a pleasure to see him work with those tiny tools.

One happy fella with a beautiful family. It’s not always about money. It’s about loving what you do.

10 Likes

I totally agree :brain::fist_right::robot: lol

Not related to PureHits, but it seems AI stock/library music will be a hard sell:

1 Like

I wanted to share this vid from Rick Beato with you guys. You’ve probably already seen it. I literally have no idea where the legal and copyrights regulations regarding AI music are at right now. I read a few articles and seen many videos shared in this same thread but non of them are really conclusive. What I do know is that I’ve already seen game trailers in YT using AI music and recently a client sent me a background music for a CDC (Center for Desease Control) interview vid with bg music created/prompted by themselves in Udio, and fully bypassing stock platforms. They just promped something and that’s it. I don’t know who gets paid in those cases. Udio? No idea.

P.S.: There’s also a YT video around talking about a HUGE amount of Id claims received on brand new AI generated music… as messy as interesting.

5 Likes

The craziest part of the video was where he received an email from a band who told him they “wrote” a new song by putting in a prompt…

2 Likes

Mindblowing

1 Like

And this one:

2 Likes

The most interesting thing here is that the video has 922 views after three weeks on a channel that has 109,000 subscribers… hmm. A channel that wants to teach you how to grow your channel that has 90-99% fake subscribers… Oh, the irony.

Maybe there should be a YouTube AI website where the videos are made by AI, the music is made by AI, the subscribers are all AI, and the viewers are all AI?

The question is - who will pay for advertising? NVIDIA? :slight_smile:

Regarding Content ID claims. We can only hope that it gets so bad that AI music becomes unusable on YouTube. They probably won’t be able to clear the claims… Good for us.

I will say that the ending vocal music is pretty good usage of AI. Something that can’t be found on stock sites.

3 Likes

Well, now Sony, UMG, and Warner (= most music in the world) are (finally) suing Suno and Udio for a lot of money, so that might not be the best idea. :slight_smile:

I think they’re asking for about $150,000 per song, which will be many billions…

This is one time I can really agree with the big labels. What do you think?

6 Likes

Glad to here the big companies are suing them. That’s good news to my ears :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The big music companies aren’t suing out of the goodness of their hearts.

They are trying to launch their own AI music product and want to keep the profit themselves.

5 Likes

Correct. Though they will hopefully less exploit musicians since their earnings are and will be based on promoting human artists. But generally yeah - it’s the end of independent Indie and freelancer music which grew up thanks to the internet.

3 Likes

Just had dinner with an accountant last night who worked for Ernst and Young. Now retired. She said that AI will never have the final say on an audit. Humans will be sorting through mountains of data on spreadsheets forever to make sure the numbers “add up”. AI will help, but AI will never have the final stamp of approval.

Music for the visual media - @CWMUSIC I am sorry but generative AI music will absolutely be a trustworthy output to use to make an ad, use as an underscore on a show, as a promo, in a film, in docuseries, in a trailer, in a youtube tutorial. These outputs from SUNO and UDIO ALREADY ARE GOOD ENOUGH. The main question is: Is the service offering from Suno.AI even legal? Do they have the legal right to offer their service to the public and sell subscriptions when it is clear as day that they used everyone’s copyrights without consensual, willful, contractual permission to do so from the rightsholders! Read the complaint filed. No Judge or Jury will ever rule in favor of the defendant in this case. SUNO and UDIO are going down, it’s just a mattter of when…not “if”.

And I do agree CW that for now, Hollywood and Big brands will not trust AI music, but those attitudes will shift in a couple of years when the cost savings variable (No royalties owed to humans) kicks into high gear.

Our only hope is that a recurring royalty model is born out of this new way of making “AI music” (With our human authored music) - Remember this: The “AI Music output”, is only as good as it’s “human authored input.”

3 Likes

Check out AI VO, AI Video Clips, and AI music talking about/ presenting our new reality and battle ahead.

1 Like

Yeah, I read about the actions Billie Eillish, Jon Bon Jovi and others are taking in the CNBC site a few months ago. Still, Billie Eillish model is still available in Suno. Things are going lightspeed.

Today, trying to show my mother what’s all this AI fuzz I prompted “Coffee shop upbeat and laidback music” and played a random Coffee shop footage from YT and we both were blown away. Then I prompted “Repetitive corporate music with palm muted guitar” and this came out:

The all mighty Free Firebird Muted Guitar Kontakt library has already been ingested by the robots.

EDIT: The snare SUCKS BIG TIME, though! Hahahah! A deal breaker.

3 Likes

“Climb The Ladder” sounds exactly like 250,000 tracks on audio jungle. It’s fine. It gets the job done for a corporate explainer. Why pay the human author a royalty for that type of palm muted guitar when Suno just gives it to you in 3 seconds, and no royalty is owed to a human author.

We’re done guys!

It"s over!

Find a new job because you are officially obsolete (unless of course courts and government step in and shuts down SUNO and UDIO and any other company trying to do what they do - Steal all “human authored” copyrights to create AI Music

3 Likes

Yeah corporate music is a dead end for composers' now - although one could argue it was hardly something that could have ever been described as composing’ when thousands of musicians were pumping out replicas for a decade

2 Likes

What’s more alarming is the vocal tracks on these AI sites - there is something about connecting to a real person with emotions and knowing they wrote the lyrics or believed in the lyrics sufficiently to sing it. And then realizing it’s just some robot soullessly reciting garbage which is lyrically SIMILAR to the simplistic phrases in most pop songs. We’re not going to get an AI Bob Dylan or Leonard Cohen but generic pop lyrics are already bad enough so the AI lyrics are only a small step below `real’ lyrics. I was just listening to a female pop song on Suno and the vocalist sounded SUSPICIOUSLY similar to Taylor Swift in her vocal style. I wonder if there is a way a famous artist can sue for this likeness, in the same way a famous actor could sue if their likeness was used in a film without permission? I believe Scarlett Johanssen’s AI voice was used without permission for something recently, and it had to be taken down, I can’t remember the details.

This just came from Vimeo

2 Likes