Mentioning Video Tutorials on The Theme

Hi Experts,

I would like to add the following paragraph to my theme description which is shown in the preview page.

“Moreover, a bunch of English video tutorials on how to use this theme are waiting for you in the theme documentation. And of course, you can watch those in youtube to have a clear idea of the theme before buying, if you like.”

Am I allowed to do so?

Please extend your helping hand.
Thanks much.

I can’t see anything problematic there at a glance, what were you specifically concerned about?

1 Like

Actually, I have read in one article that it is prohibited to give any external link in the description. That’s why I am concerned about giving any info that provokes the buyer to go to any external place.

Oh, thanks @matthewcoxy for your quick reply :slight_smile:

The issue is where you’re linking. If your linking to a site that attempts says, to drive traffic to another site to make a purchase or another marketplace- we’d have a problem with that.

There have also been instances in which authors might try to drive to a tutorial that attempts to drive a customer to a different shopfront where they can buy the item for less. That we’d also have a problem with. But if all you’re doing is sending folks to assistance video, we’d be fine with that.

1 Like

Thanks @matthewcoxy for your kind information :slight_smile:

And of course, I have no intention at all to drive the buyers to any other market place or anything like this :slight_smile:

If you don’t mind, I would like to ask two other questions:

1. May I mention the youtube tutorial links directly in that description, though, they are only about the tuts on how to use that theme?

2. Is there any tag number restriction like 10/15 or so, that is, the tags I use in my theme style sheet and use in the preview page. What I mean is that – is there any maximum tag numbers that I must abide by? I don’t know if I am able to make my query understandable to you as I am so poor at English :smiley:

Thanks for taking the trouble to read. :slight_smile:

Hi anSRThemeAction

Just to ‘poke’ my nose in here can I suggest a slightly better (more English) version of your text:

Moreover, a bunch of English video tutorials on how to use this theme are waiting for you in the theme documentation. And of course, you can watch those in youtube to have a clear idea of the theme before buying, if you like

Something like:

To help our Clients, we have created a number of English language video tutorials so they can see the theme in use and how to use all it’s functions. Links to these video tutorials are listed in the theme documentation.

Then, obviously if you place a link in the actual product description you could add a simple sentence at the end like this:

You can also see these tutorials here ‘link’

1 Like

@Kwikbitzonline thanks for your better English suggestions :slight_smile: I must get helped from your context. Thanks…thanks and thanks…

As you mentioned-- You can also see these tutorials here ‘link’ — that means I can share tut links in my preview description. Is it?

Hi anSRThemeAction

that means I can share tut links in my preview description. Is it?

Assuming you can put the links in (which it looks like you can based on what @matthewcoxy says) then yes.

As for I must get helped from your context. Thanks…thanks and thanks… Not a problem, if you need help there just ask - if I can gladly help. The better a product description is the more chance we have of selling :slight_smile: