(Locked) LayerSlider: old jQuery issue

Find the piece of code that checks for the jQuery version ( obviously flawed but easy mistake ) and comment / fix it.

Hi, am getting same issue and have read through all the replies, not being very technically minded please can someone offer comprehensive answer to resolving issue below?

LayerSlider: old jQuery issue
It looks like you are using an old version (1.10.2) of the jQuery library. LayerSlider requires at least version 1.7.0 or newer. If you are using the WordPress version of LayerSlider, you can try out the “jQuery Updater” plugin from the WP plugin depository. If you don’t know what to do, you can write us a private message from our CodeCanyon profile page. We need a temporary WP admin account (or a temporary FTP account in some cases) to solve this issue.

meydot said

I don’t want to load an older version of jQuery. The problem is that 1.10.2 is smaller than 1.7.2 (not really, but in JS), so you will get this error. Instead of loading an older jQuery go to /wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider/js and open layerslider.kreaturamedia.jquery.js

Now search for 1.7.2 or the number in your exception, if it will be another one, and change it to 1.0.0

I had to change 2 occurrences in this file and now LayerSlider works again like a charm. I hope this will help you temporary.

It WORKS !! thanks !

hey guys, the version check don’t works fine, …
using it in wordpress, the error occurs after every update of WP …
instead of replacing the current jQuery version with the original one, i did:

got to plugins > LayerSlider WP > edit
then go for “LayerSlider/js/layerslider.kreaturamedia.jquery.js”

and change the only 2 occurrences of 1.0.7 into 1.0.0

thats it

Thank you ‘voegie & yaski,’

You guys is Rock!!! It works !!

yeah not find a 1.7.2 can anyone post a line number where its lcoated? Or could the plugin author fix this asap?

HERE IS THE SOLUTION:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/layerslider-plugin-experiencing-errors-after-update-chekc-here

It works!!

I bought a poster to use for gigs, how do i make changes, it just saved as a jpeg? HELP

getting a weird error after installing and trying to place a slider…

console error:

Uncaught ReferenceError: lsShowNotice is not defined

Add this to functions.php

if (!is_admin()) add_action("wp_enqueue_scripts", "my_jquery_enqueue", 11); function my_jquery_enqueue() { wp_deregister_script('jquery'); wp_register_script('jquery', "http" . ($_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'] == 443 ? "s" : "") . "://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js", false, null); wp_enqueue_script('jquery'); }

Hello

I have this issue. I did have it working then deleted the Jquery Updater by mistake - I have re-installed but still nothing.

my email address is simonsucksmith@hotmail.com

Thanks

i also have this problem
not on the site itself
but in de preview in layer slider

Hope anyone has a solution

Flagging this for a mod, all this thread is generating are 1 post users.

Seems absolutely pointless

I also have the same problem- my email is: info@geniuxx.de

will send you wpadmin details

Same problem here. Send an email to d.sless@communication.org.au