(Locked) LayerSlider: old jQuery issue

Same issue here, right after updating to WP 3.6, waiting for a a fix

Same issue here. Please advise.

Same issue here. Using blanco theme.

Hi everyone, I had the same issue and updating to LayerSlider v. 4.6.0 fixed the issue. You can manually download the .zip, or enter your purchase code in the LayerSlider main setting page in the dashboard, head over to your plugins page, refresh once or twice, and you’ll see the “update available” notification right below the LayerSlider plugin. Hope this helps!

kristinsf said

Hi everyone, I had the same issue and updating to LayerSlider v. 4.6.0 fixed the issue. You can manually download the .zip, or enter your purchase code in the LayerSlider main setting page in the dashboard, head over to your plugins page, refresh once or twice, and you’ll see the “update available” notification right below the LayerSlider plugin. Hope this helps!

Thanks that is a good news, the bad news at least for me, is that I didn't made my site, an agency made for me. So I don't have any purchase code or account, people from that agency are on holidays, where can I download the zip?
DrAma78 said
kristinsf said

Thanks that is a good news, the bad news at least for me, is that I didn't made my site, an agency made for me. So I don't have any purchase code or account, people from that agency are on holidays, *where can I download the zip?*

Right here

Thanks CodingJack, but I can’t, the download list is empty. I guess that only verified purchaser can download it. That makes me disappointed, I’m an iOS developer and I understand concern about piracy but some kind of methods to discourage it sometimes catch also normal user. Now I need to wait the reopening of the agency, and my site will be without a part of the home page for a month… not so good.

I don’t want to load an older version of jQuery. The problem is that 1.10.2 is smaller than 1.7.2 (not really, but in JS), so you will get this error. Instead of loading an older jQuery go to /wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider/js and open layerslider.kreaturamedia.jquery.js

Now search for 1.7.2 or the number in your exception, if it will be another one, and change it to 1.0.0

I had to change 2 occurrences in this file and now LayerSlider works again like a charm. I hope this will help you temporary.

meydot Thank you this fixed mine and it came as part of a theme so I could not just go update it from code canyon. Thanks again!

CodingJack said

Right here

Not really ! You can buy again the plugin ! not download a upgrade ! if you have LayerSLider included in a theme (as yellow project), you can't download ... Where can we download the upgrade without buy it again ! Thanks

I’ve fixed downloading javascript plugin fro the moment

meydot said

I don’t want to load an older version of jQuery. The problem is that 1.10.2 is smaller than 1.7.2 (not really, but in JS), so you will get this error. Instead of loading an older jQuery go to /wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider/js and open layerslider.kreaturamedia.jquery.js

Now search for 1.7.2 or the number in your exception, if it will be another one, and change it to 1.0.0

I had to change 2 occurrences in this file and now LayerSlider works again like a charm. I hope this will help you temporary.

Thank you sir! Works perfectly… was a little worried for a moment since mine also came with a theme that I guess isn’t updated as yet.

grafxwork said
CodingJack said

Right here

Not really ! You can buy again the plugin ! not download a upgrade ! if you have LayerSLider included in a theme (as yellow project), you can't download ... Where can we download the upgrade without buy it again ! Thanks

If you’ve purchased a theme and the theme author has included a 3rd party plugin such as LayerSlider, if the author of theme regularly updates their themes, you can request that they update the plugin they’ve included (as they’d have a license and access to updates).

Otherwise, you’d have to make the update on your own manually. But because the theme author may have altered the plugin to work with their theme, there’s no guarantee that simply purchasing a copy of the original plugin and switching out the files will work. So in that case, you’re way better off just hiring a developer to go in make the update manually.

Hi Guys,

I am having the same issue. Could someone send me the new .js file for this please? I have tried the above solution but can’t seem to find the correct .js file to change the version number. Thank you everyone.

Hi Guys,

I worked it out - I was till having a fatal error. So I changed the File name of the plugin to layerslider2 in /wp-content/themes/Avada/framework/plugins/LayerSlider2 - and it worked. It did let me activate the Plugin.

Cheers.

zoizostyle said

Hi Guys,

I am having the same issue. Could someone send me the new .js file for this please? I have tried the above solution but can’t seem to find the correct .js file to change the version number. Thank you everyone.

Worked for me too…Thanks!!

kiwami said
meydot said

Thank you sir! Works perfectly… was a little worried for a moment since mine also came with a theme that I guess isn’t updated as yet.

Did you install jQuery plugin updater and it worked.

Hi

Heres what i did

-Get the purchase code from your code canyon account on the downloads page you can see an option once you press the download for the layerSlider file.

-And then go to your WP that has layerslider then go to the option where it take you to its setting then enter the code from a text file code canyon will give you.

-then save it now go to “plugins” option on the dashboard.

-On the top you will notice these options

All (58) | Active (38) | Inactive (20) | Recently Active (1) | Drop-ins (1) | Update (1)

-go to update section and look for the LayerSlider update

-then hit update the plugin will automatically update it.

-then hola your plugin is now up to date.

I tried using the "jquery updater but it doesn’t work for me.

Hope this will help you guys.

twedt2t said

Hi

Heres what i did

-Get the purchase code from your code canyon account on the downloads page you can see an option once you press the download for the layerSlider file.

-And then go to your WP that has layerslider then go to the option where it take you to its setting then enter the code from a text file code canyon will give you.

-then save it now go to “plugins” option on the dashboard.

-On the top you will notice these options

All (58) | Active (38) | Inactive (20) | Recently Active (1) | Drop-ins (1) | Update (1)

-go to update section and look for the LayerSlider update

-then hit update the plugin will automatically update it.

-then hola your plugin is now up to date.

I tried using the "jquery updater but it doesn’t work for me.

Hope this will help you guys.

Thank you man!

Getting this error. HOW DO I FIX IT??
LayerSlider: old jQuery issue
It looks like you are using an old version (1.10.2) of the jQuery library. LayerSlider requires at least version 1.7.0 or newer. If you are using the WordPress version of LayerSlider, you can try out the “jQuery Updater” plugin from the WP plugin depository. If you don’t know what to do, you can write us a private message from our CodeCanyon profile page. We need a temporary WP admin account (or a temporary FTP account in some cases) to solve this issue.