(Locked) Envato's Most Wanted: Layers Child Themes - $10,000

Hello obox,

Another question

1.Extensions + Style Kit = Child Theme ?

2. In a Child Theme, where should I add the css styles? inside the child theme stylesheet or inside the sidebar custom style field?

3. Do you have any video tutorial? It is very hard for someone who doesn’t speak english as its first language.

Thanks.

Why you didn’t use Bootstrap?

https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

mustachethemes said

Why you didn’t use Bootstrap?

Instead of targeting every scenario in web design, we have created our own framework which is specifically targeted at theme development.

Hello,
If we add our styles at the stylesheet of the child theme, where the final user should add their styles? If the final client update the theme he will loose their own styles?

Hello,

Should we create new TEMPLATES for each page of our Theme?

At Add New Layers Page there are some templates, should we add more there?

Are they the “Preset Layouts” ?

obox said
kayapati said

I am playing around this and I do not see the row settings here, where can I add a row with bg image and 4 columns in it?

Hey there,

You can either use our content widget for this, (one row set to 12/12 width and the others to 3/12 each), or you can add a Slider widget with a single slide and a content widget below it.

~ Marc

Thank you Marc

@obox can you please reply here.

rayoflightt said

xvelopers, yes

Have you created custom post type and then its widget or you have customized content widget?

Hi

Which element to use for html content? its ok if i use content element?

its ok if i use any kind and any size (reasonable elements and not for testing things) of html content inside?

mustachethemes said

Hello,
If we add our styles at the stylesheet of the child theme, where the final user should add their styles? If the final client update the theme he will loose their own styles?

The client can update their styles in the Customizer under the CSS panel.

mustachethemes said

Hello,

Indeed, you can read more about creating your own preset layouts here:

xvelopers said

@obox can you please reply here.

Sure we’re onto it.

~ Marc

Thanks!

obox said
mustachethemes said

Hello,

Indeed, you can read more about creating your own preset layouts here:

why it is so expensive ?

||+1262025|An-Themes said-||
ShaneFreer said

(If you have an existing WordPress version of a site template or PSD. You cannot convert this item)

Q: Are we allowed to create a child theme of our current approved WordPress themes? I ask this question, because it seems that an author already done that. http://themeforest.net/attributes/framework/Layers%20WP

Yes!

thank you for great theme framework. it very flexible custom for developer and easy to use for buyer.

I am also very impressed by the preset layout, it is very helpful for buyer to build site from scratch.

I’m developing child theme for layers, but we have a few small issue:

why don’t have 7/12 col option, margin of col really too small but i don’t want to edit col system. when i want add blank 1/2 col in between two columns 8/12 and 3/12, we can’t do it.

don’t have favicon option.

create new page from preset layout get issue when i turn on debug mode.

pagination of blog not working when i add more 2 widgets, although only one pagination enable in page.

i wonder that issue can fix in next update? because i have a plan make themes for this framework

but all, this is great framework theme, keep up your great work,

thank you,

Hi

Are we allowed to use html tags in “content” widget to built themes for this contest?

nodariko said

Hi

Are we allowed to use html tags in “content” widget to built themes for this contest?

Hi there,

You can use basic elements such as , , , and
s.

nodariko said

Hi

Hi there,

You can use basic elements such as a, br, strong, u and
em.