(Locked) Envato's Most Wanted: Layers Child Themes - $10,000

Looks like a good idea but the framework seems to be pretty limited in functionality.
Probably Envato should put more efforts to raise extensions development. This might boost developers interest to engage into the process by means of using 3rd party extensions… You know, less efforts = easy money :slight_smile: Which always seems attractive :-)))

@box getting Error establishing a database connection at your docs

xvelopers said

@box getting Error establishing a database connection at your docs

Thanks we sorted this out last night thanks for pointing it out.

Hi,
What is the best way to add custom google fonts into a child theme for LayersWP?

Hi

How to load font icons in style kit? what if we import it in custom css box?

mustachethemes said

Hi,
What is the best way to add custom google fonts into a child theme for LayersWP?

Layers already support Google Fonts by default. You can choose the font from the Customizer or set the default font inside functions.php

nodariko said

Hi

You can enqueue it inside functions.php

sammycorp said
nodariko said

Hi

You sure? i don’t think so :frowning: style kit is not intended to change things inside function.php if we want it for sale on ThemeForest…

mustachethemes said

Hi,

Hi there,

Layers has a very large Google Fonts selection, if the font you want to use is available under Site Settings > Fonts, then you can add it by setting the default fonts for your theme:

~ Marc

nodariko said
sammycorp said
nodariko said

Hi

You sure? i don’t think so :frowning: style kit is not intended to change things inside function.php if we want it for sale on ThemeForest…

Nodariko is correct, StyleKits don’t support functions.php file editing.

What kind of font icons are you looking at including?

obox said
nodariko said
sammycorp said
nodariko said

Hi

Nodariko is correct, StyleKits don’t support functions.php file editing.

What kind of font icons are you looking at including?

Hi Obox, thanks for getting back, i wouls like to load fonts like Font-awesome

If we submit child theme in layers category then are we allowed to to create and submit full wordpress theme (for example with visual composer) in wordpress category?

@nodariko @sammycorp

We are considering the inclusion of Font Awesome in the future as an advanced option for Style Kit developers, but we have no timeline on that yet.

Thanks for the feedback guys

~ Marc

Hello, I want to edit the JS of the header, I’ve dequeued(the original) and re-enqueued my own custom ‘layers-framework.js’ its a good practice to do this? or there is a better way to edit the JS files of layerswp?

Brightlevels said

Hello, I want to edit the JS of the header, I’ve dequeued(the original) and re-enqueued my own custom ‘layers-framework.js’ its a good practice to do this? or there is a better way to edit the JS files of layerswp?

We would recommend just including your own JS file and leaving layers-framework.js active, that’s the safest route, if we push an update your theme may become out of date and you’ll have to update your own laters-framework.js to match ours.

~ Marc

@obox missing fixed property for section background. Can you guys please add this in next version.

xvelopers said

If we submit child theme in layers category then are we allowed to to create and submit full wordpress theme (for example with visual composer) in wordpress category?

At this time the 2nd theme that you would create will not be accepted on ThemeForest.

ShaneFreer said

At this time the 2nd theme that you would create will not be accepted on ThemeForest.

thanks for your reply. But we can’t do very much in layers.

hello ,
in functions.php if we use wp_enqueue_style( ) ; for bootstrap that will conflict the main structure during the exestance of layers framework.css {maybe }
so which is the recommended way to enque bootstrap.css + fontawesome.css
and if we use only bootstrap.css and de_enque framework.css will it Impact on layers main theme .

my 2nd Q is :

can we make our own custom preview widget to work like social widget or anything in Child_theme to make our theme more comfortable to customer . if ( ans= YES ) { what is the great way to build custom widget for child_theme }

thanks

traivan98 said

hello ,
in functions.php if we use wp_enqueue_style( ) ; for bootstrap that will conflict the main structure during the exestance of layers framework.css {maybe }
so which is the recommended way to enqueue bootstrap.css + fontawesome.css
and if we use only bootstrap.css and de_enqueue framework.css will it Impact on layers main theme .

my 2nd Q is :

can we make our own custom preview widget to work like social widget or anything in Child_theme to make our theme more comfortable to customer . if ( ans= YES ) { what is the great way to build custom widget for child_theme }

thanks

Hi there,

With Layers we do not allow the enqueueing of Bootstrap CSS, and especially no dequeuing of the framework.css.

Fontawesome enqueue’ing is straight forward though, you can enqueue it in functions.php

You can include custom widgets in Child Themes, a few developers have done so already. We’d prefer widgets to be added as extensions though.

Here is a link to Widget documentation: http://docs.layerswp.com/plugin-creation-guide/#adding-layers-builder-widgets

~ Marc