Important Updates to the Review Queue for Stock Footage & Photos Authors

Over the past few months, we have been working on some changes to our review system. These changes involve the introduction of new review processes that we hope will improve quality and (long-term) reduce wait time for authors. In order to make these changes, there are some necessary, temporary operational impacts we need you to know about.

The most important of these is that, in order to make the switch, we need to temporarily pause uploading and reviewing for stock footage and photo items.

What Does This Mean for Authors?

From today, you will not be able to upload any new stock footage and photo items, and items previously submitted for review will remain in the queue. We currently expect this temporary pause to last about two weeks, and we will provide updates here for any changes to this timeframe as soon as we can.

Why Are We Taking This Step?

When we first started this initiative, our goal was to work towards improving the review system and make the transition as seamless as possible. As the project evolved, we’ve come to understand that a temporary disruption to uploading, something we had hoped to avoid, is indeed necessary.

The improvements we’re making are Envato review side changes, aimed at reducing the amount of time it takes for us to publish your items live. We know that this temporary delay at short notice may inconvenience you and for that we apologize, and hope you’ll understand.

What’s Next?

We will keep you updated on our progress and let you know as soon as we have more information to share. Please note that this closure is only a temporary measure and we will do our best to get the review queue back up and running as soon as possible.

This transitional change is part of a longer term vision for consistently low review queues and sustainable management of submission volumes for our growing community.

If you have any questions, please let us know or get in touch here for support. As always, please remember our community guidelines when you post.

Thanks.

6 Likes
  • does this mean the items that remained in the queue will be reviewed in this time or not?
1 Like

Thanks for your question. With this temporary pause, all items currently in the queue will not be reviewed and will remain in the queue until further notice.

Hello, thank you for the update. Will footage currently in the queue be reviewed once this update is finished?

I’ve uploaded a footage that Submitted 2 months ago & im still waiting , should it take this long ??

1 Like

Yeah man no stress. Just try and be patient. I have 30 items submitted from two months ago that still hasn’t been accepted. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your question. Once the update is finished, footage in the queue will be reviewed.

Thanks for your question. Review times often vary - please see the Review Turnaround Dashboard for more information on current wait times.

hello, how long will this pause continue from this point further

We do not have an exact date at this time. We will let you know once the review queue is back up and running.

Hi! All my review queue has disappeared today. No one item left.
No accepted/rejected messages.
What is happening?
Will my waiting for review footages queue restored after the pause is over?

2 Likes

Just saw new upload tool - this is awesome! Waiting for upload availability so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

When and how can I give you a portfolio for viewing?

Can’t wait to upload some footage, we all hope that pending time will be decreased :slight_smile:

FullHD version should also be automatically created when 4K video is approved. This will mean saving time for all of us.

3 Likes

@Sarah_G What about disappeared queue? Will it be restored?

During the period of the past two month we submitted around 25 files for review. On Friday 10th however, all of these 25 files disappeared from our author dashboard, and we couldn’t find them anywhere.
It looked like they were never uploaded in the first place…

“From today, you will not be able to upload any new stock footage and photo items, and items previously submitted for review will remain in the queue

will remain in the queue … if there is a hope that you will return the missing files?
Loading the old system was quite laborious, plus there was an expectation of about two months for the review.
Is there no hope?

1 Like

wow what a funny footage stock.
i still stay on my old agencies they a good sales and no problems,
I registered today and i cancel today :-))
good luck

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.