Important Changes for Non-US Authors/Affiliates/Service Providers

With all due respect, I don’t think you fully understand the frustration of some people here. It is a really serious matter, I don’t think that by putting emoticons and smiley faces on your replies you are taking the stress out of the discussion.
A more serious tone will be even more welcomed I think.

10 Likes

I miss the days when the topics like “Let’s share funny GIF animations” were the most popular topics on this forum :expressionless:

5 Likes

BAM! you’re dead

ok, I’m done with this thread. I too spent several hours reading something that will take me nowhere.

Envato, please reconsider and find a fairer way to deal with US laws.

1 Like

Envato do not expect a beautiful garden when you actually released a nuclear bomb in the community…

2 Likes

Just as an aside, note that some categories on some Envato Market sites now allow authors to set their own prices. Here’s how it works within some categories on GraphicRiver if you’re interested. :thumbsup:

" When you can earn more than you could ever imagine by doing something that you love, it makes you proud of what you’ve achieved. " yes , that’s quote from your homepage envato by power elite author which may encourage author till now , but not anymore , right ?

this is insane , you are making changes without discussing much with authors , even you declared authors as seller so we can pay tax for you ? can we have rights like seller if you want to treat it as seller ?

5 Likes

In the digital economy, physical location matters not.

That’s what makes Envato’s statements about “expanding in the US market” so insultingly disingenuous.

Are you kidding me? only 3 categories? i don’t have 1 single item in those categories.

3 Likes

than envato should make US tax change for only those , not for all !

now i doubt if envato made this manual price set feature to just show us reply like "see , we give freedom " , right ?

3 Likes

Folks, i woke up today 5 a.m(Brazil), following this thread since 6:00 a.m. Now it’s almost 3:00 p.m. in Brazil and i produced NOTHING, cause i’m worried about ***** TAX. It’s awesome to an artist, thank you!

8 Likes

:cry: :cry:

1 Like

Why don’t we donate money to hire a good lawyer?

3 Likes

Personal shop is the best solution.

So that, they inform 70 days ago, start a shop and start SEO.

1 Like

Works very bad … there you take with the author even more in%, and not raise the price because it will not be competitive. Authors lose again.

@Bedros and to all asking for this. The thing is, we’re not supposed to criticize these taxes and there’s no point in debating wether they should be transformed to a different calculation etc. They’re just a direct result of Envato expanding overseas in US, complying their laws.

We should instead criticize and ask more details of why this move? Why U.S.? Why now? How exactly authors will benefit from this expansion? The response on this one was way too short for such an announcement. Is this movement really going to increase US & worldwide sales, at least to cover this new tax?

Anyway i’m more concerned about dropping split payments as it’s a gamechanger and i have to totally reevaluate my business model.

7 Likes

One again, I’m not happy to pay the tax from the authors cut which is already very less, if buyers are paying their own taxes I have no issues.

On my second non-exclusive account when I sell image on Photodune for $1 > I get $0.33…with new rules next year -$0.30 which means for me $0.03
Do you think that somebody can live with 3% earnings ??? For me sales dropped down awfully this year which means that I have to wait months to be able to withdraw my poor $50.
Just see more clear my end of the road here…sorry

9 Likes

Hi, I’m from France. After doing some research, I don’t have access to international Tax ID too. The solution may be to ask the IRS to provide us with Enterprise IDs and use this EIN in the W8 form… I tried to call them but the queue is very long to speak to someone.

What worries me the most is that there is no answer from the Envato. 646 (and counting) comments, 99% of them are negative about their decision and they stay silent… This concludes that they do not care about the authors, and withoout them Envato will never be as it is. There are big players here and elite authors from the countries which doesn’t have the agreement with the US. The tax is not the problem, we all pay our taxes in the country of residence. But what I can’t explain to myself is why the hell I must pay the whole amount of taxes for the list price. They already have a pretty darn Fee (50% or more) and we need to pay the taxes simply because there is no tax treaty between, for example, my country and the US. This sucks big time, and this is a rip-off and a scandal. Hopefully another market will soon arise out of this mess, and Envato will finally realize what they did is wrong. I’m more than frustrated about this logic…

7 Likes

Nice points, but also it’s vitally important to discuss the “US Tax” issue too.

1 Like