Important Changes for Non-US Authors/Affiliates/Service Providers

90-10 sounds good.

The fact is that many authors will have to leave. To be honest I dont think anything will be done about this. The below line is from Collis’s post on medium about ActiveDen
Don’t be surprised that technologies and platforms have a life cycle, or that the businesses behind them have their own plans. Be ready, open and looking for change.

Couple that with below from todays announcement
However I understand that there will be some authors, affiliates and users who may find that this means that selling with Envato no longer makes sense. As always, it’s important for every user to weigh up their situation and consider what’s best for them

This will happen.

However I understand that there will be some authors, affiliates and users who may find that this means that selling with Envato no longer makes sense. As always, it’s important for every user to weigh up their situation and consider what’s best for them.

You’re right about that

2 Likes

paying taxes is the last thing that an artist wants to worry about, or be entangled with… Envato should make this whole process look like its not even there… so that we can focus on delivery. Its not like they bring in the goods to sell here right…

4 Likes

Hello @Artefact_Design! As mentioned by Nat in the opening post to this thread, we will be looking through all the feedback, all the questions, and will be responding via “batches of answers every few days”, if not more quickly. Many of the people answering questions are in Australia so while they are not presently around to answer questions, they will be around later today to start working through all the questions. Thanks for your patience in the interim period. :thumbsup:

It’s a bit unclear, so if someone wants to express their frustration about this specific topic, but in a place other than this page … where is that place?

1 Like

scottwills hop envato resolve this quickly…
Hopping for the best… :smile:

Hi Scott,

So part of this plan means that Envato will be opening an ‘office’ in the US too? or just being registered there?

I’m not comfortable providing anyone with my SIN number aside from a bank and my employer. Not sure why this is a requirement as I have setup similar tax registrations on other marketplaces that didn’t require that number. The unfortunate reality is that I will likely have to move my files to a different marketplace that doesn’t require to give up the SIN number. Your just asking for identity theft and years of problems when you consider handing that number out.

3 Likes

I think yes, i have done it for another work and just leave it blank if u dont have.

1 Like

@UmbrellStudios

They just want to tell us indirectly that “We just don’t care You!”

1 Like

This is definitely the right place, just keep the community guidelines in mind. The best analogy I can give you is driving on a road. You have the freedom to go where you want to go in your car, but just keep to the laws of the land and obey the road signs, speed limits, and crossing pedestrians as you drive around. Without those rules in place on the road, there’d be a lot of danger and accidents out there. :car: Buckle up and be safe! :smile:

Author = direct sellers pay US tax and percentage of sales, why envato review item and set the price ? Author = Mule :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@scottwills you are comparing two off topic things… :sweat_smile:

OMG, just spent my entire afternoon reading all these posts (when I should’ve been working on my items),

Must say, luckily I won’t be too affected by this, but the ways that envato used up to this point to get what they wanted are really shady to say the least.

If we are treated as direct sellers on these matters, why can’t we be treated as such on every other aspect of the “sell”, like prices and choosing where or who to sell to ? As someone already said, YOU are the ones opening a company in the US not us.

I am actually just starting on this market, so I wouldn’t be a “loss” to envato, but must say all of this is really discouraging.

And the way it was prepared to get to this point is really upsetting.

9 Likes

It sounds funny, it’s like authors are the pedestrians, and then. . .

5 Likes

Hi @Palzme! I suspect it means both. I don’t know for sure but I would imagine that both are required by US law, certainly a physical US address as a minimum. But as always, check with a professional and don’t take legal advice from someone (like me) who is not an expert in that field. :smiley: Sorry I don’t have any further information on that at this time.

1 Like

And don’t forget that from those $100 you will only get $30.

1 Like

@DiegoMirnov well said… :smile:

So themeforest authors life is going to end soon? :frowning:

1 Like