Illustrator CS5 file

I have a HP Notebook with the Windows7 and Illustrator CS5. I removed the corrupt file and everything was working fine for two days. Now, it is back to not letting me open .ai files again.
I have run disk utility to repair permissions, I did reset my Illustrator preferences, and I have uninstalled my printer (temporarily). None of these suggestions have worked.

1. I get no error messages. Illustrator opens but the file does not.
  2. It happens with only one file. When I reboot and try again I can’t open the file anyway. All the other previous files I have tried to open and they are open all well.
  3. My files are local on my Notebook.
  4. I usually double-click to open files. I have tried both ways and neither work.
1 Like

Hi!
This question was asked, "ERMEGA November 3, 2014"
And he said, "PepijndeWit Nov 5, 2014"

1 Like

thanks for the help. but I did not succeed. if there are any ideas still?

You cannot open the file with a November 2014 ?

1 Like

Or if any steps couldn’t aid you:

1. Open the preferences file and look for the entry named “enableContentRecovery”, change the value from 0 to 1. This turns on the feature.

2. Launch Illustrator and choose “File>Open”. Select the file from which you wish to recover the roundtrip information.

3. Click “OK” while holding down the command, shift and option keys (control, shift and alt on Windows)

If that doesn’t help then there is the option to restore from backup. If you don’t then the other option is to use Illustrator Recovery Toolbox soft for adobe illustrator file recovery crash:
https://www.oemailrecovery.com/illustrator_recovery.html
I recommend to use it.

1 Like

Thank you all for the help!