I don't want to make my country visible

Header Bar, is it a must?

1 Like

Haha, tell me more about it!
Weā€™re Ukrainian studio and have to use a Russian proxy [as Envato likes to say] for ā€œtaxation purposesā€. Today when our guys saw that ā€œDream-Theme, Russian Federationā€ they were like ā€œwhat the fā€¦?!ā€ :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks for your quick reply, second i donā€™t think this banner is necessary on the dashboard page because all we know our information so it take a lot of space with no sense, also as other author says itā€™s better to give as option to upload our banner so it can branded better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@smlparry
Thank you for fixing the bug. I personally do not think the new banner is useful in any way. First of all we can not use round avatars anymore, white borders surrounding the avatars look very bad. Second, using a color for banner will force us to change the colors for our avatars to complement the new banner. This is not cool and is limitation for us.

1 Like

The first thing comes to my mind is, please donā€™t make changes that will force authors to write/change/fix their itemsā€™ content on ā€œitemDescriptionā€ pages. We donā€™t want to change anything there (i.e. , imagesā€™ dimensions - please just donā€™T make any change that will cause this kind of extra work)
This was happened once and it was a total frustration.

And also, is that headerBar thing a must really?

Amazing change :smiley: not sure why they did. for a moment I thought I become a power elite author. Probably some thousand wordpress extended license sold in dreams :smiley:

3 Likes

It does seem a bit redundant, as all the information is available elsewhere on the page. I do kind of like the strip of colour at the top though, looks pretty fresh and breaks up the page. Iā€™d reduce the height by about 10 to 20% though, does seem a bit tall.

Iā€™ve had an exceptional idea for content in the bar though! A slider that shows random items from your portfolio. In the settings page, you can use a check-box to indicate what is and isnā€™t included. Iā€™m guessing that might be pretty hard though, and would reduce page load timesā€¦ you don;t want to anger the page load posse. It could be static thoughā€¦ maybe we can choose five or six featured items rater than just the one. Gives us more functionality to promote the items we want to promote, and if it was laid out like the featured items on the home page of each marketplace, then that would add more consistency between pages.

Made a quick mockup. Would need tidying up, Iā€™ve just copied the homepage one, but you get the ideaā€¦

8 Likes

Some suggestions

More relevant text
Author Level: Elite, Exclusive author, Member since 2011.

View Portfolio (Button)
Contact Author (Button)

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, from my view this new heading is just useless takage of space. Some things I saw earlier without scrolling down, now are hidden below the screen.

2 Likes

Hi all, thank you for your replies. I am the designer working with @smlparry on the latest updates to Market. The project has come about as part of Envatoā€™s Hack Fort which allows us to identify parts of Market, as teams that we want to improve. The project enables us with 2 weeks of time to do these changes. As a group we identified, amongst other things, the user account area to improve.

As Sam has said, stay tuned over the next couple of days as you will see some changes in the header and changes to profile pages that make will your profile more visible and more accessible to not only you as Authors but to Buyers viewing your profile. We are pretty excited by the opportunity to do these types of updates to make Envato Market better. If you want to follow our updates you can check in at Winston Wolf HackFort 2016. We love hearing your feedback and look forward to the next few days of updates.

@smlparry @StevenScott99

Instead of username, Canā€™t we put a name there, Including Capitalization and Spacing?

for eg: My username is ā€œsurjithctlyā€ I want to display my name there as ā€œSurjith S Mā€

Is it possible?

Also, I think, The Green BG should be for Power Elite Authors, and Black one for general authors.

PS: Themefusionā€™s profile image seems broken now :frowning:

~Surjith

Nice balance :wink:

1 Like

I think two author Logos on one page are too much. Anyone agree?

3 Likes

Why should you also show our old usernames?
This isnā€™t a good idea alsoā€¦
Give us an option to show/hide somethings on OUR profile pagesā€¦

On Author Profileā€¦:

• Author RATING must also be displayed as authorā€™s FINAL RATING SCORE at the moment, (For example, my author rating was = 4.57 or 4.58 ) , not only the number of users who rated the items of the author.
    Because as the way you display it now (the count of users who rated the author) may be very misleading about the actual rating of an author. It says actually nothing about the author rating.
    For example, two individual authors may have the same ā€œstar graphicā€ but their final rating score may be quite different from each other.
    Also, not displaying the FINAL RATING SCORE would be beneficial to IRRESPONSIBLE authors! (And they are too many, Unfortunately)
    When it comes to ratings, the final score is what matters, not the count of users who rated.

Something like the humble graphic below would be far betterā€¦:

- **ALSO Author PORTFOLIO button must be more visible (it's almost invisible there, and it's very small)**

@smlparry @StevenScott99

1 Like

@smlparry @StevenScott99
Now the banner look way better, just one more thing, you remove the separate elite author badge from the side so we lose this great badge and itā€™s only appear with the badges strip so itā€™s better if you can add the elite author and power elite author badge to the banner somewhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

It looks perfect! Well done guys!

1 Like

in the future, may we can changed this green color to own pictures? Itā€™s will be great

1 Like

Author rating should stay invisible, that is what I like most with new banner. So much speech about unfair ratings was here, that is not relevant thing at all to be shown. Testimonials are more trustworthy.

Besides that I like this new banner, only thing I would add is elite badge next to author name. And maybe option to change banner background image or color.

Number of sales should be more visible, number of followers is less important info - should be less visible, also button for portfolio should be more visible.

1 Like

Patiently waiting for retina supportā€¦ :slight_smile: