Please use this thread to nominate one of your items to be used in a Free File promotion between July 1 and September 30, 2017. This may include our regular month-long “Free File of the Month” promotions, or other initiatives run by the Envato Marketing team.
UPDATE (June 26): Between the 26th and the 28th of June we’re going to be on the lookout for “4th of July” themed Graphic Assets for a special promotion.
Please use this thread to nominate items for this campaign - note that the 4th of July files are an exception to the normal “one item per Author, per marketplace” rule for Free File nominations.
Free files are a powerful motivator for bringing new customers into GraphicRiver, and serve to showcase the quality of the rest of the marketplace. Items used in these campaigns receive a significant amount of exposure, which can flow on to more people viewing your profile, portfolio, and the other items you have for sale.
Note that the selection criteria have been changed - please read them carefully before submitting your nomination!
What’s the process?
In this thread, post a message with a link to your item (you must be logged in as the author of the item) and we’ll add it to the list.
- The GraphicRiver monthly Free Files for July, August and September will be selected from this list, promoted on the GraphicRiver homepage and via email to our customers.
- Other Free Files will be used in Envato Marketing campaigns and emails. These files are typically available as freebies for one week.
- If your item is selected as a Free File, you’ll be notified via email with more details about the timing involved.
Who can nominate an item?
Only the creator of the item can nominate it for a Free File promotion. Simply put, you can ask and plead all you want, but unless the author of the item decides to nominate it, you won’t get anywhere Luckily, we’ve got a great community of authors who like to give!
Criteria for Selection
In order for a file to be considered as a Free File for any Marketplace, the item must meet the following criteria:
- You must be the author of the file you’re submitting.
- Maximum of ONE file nomination per author, per marketplace.
- The file must be rated 4 stars or higher.
- No item will be featured in a Free File promotion more than once.
What if I want to withdraw my nomination?
If you’ve changed your mind, simply flag your nomination comment and let us know that you want to withdraw your item from consideration. You are free to withdraw your nomination and/or offer a different item at any time.
Any other questions?
We will keep this thread clear of everything but the nominations themselves, so if you’ve got any related questions, please start your own forum thread, or drop us a line via Support.
Please note that free files will be chosen at random from items nominated in this thread that meet the selection criteria, and not the order in which they were submitted.