Getting "Download failed. Forbidden" while trying to update theme.

I have the Avada theme (bought a few years back) and am trying to update the theme via the Wordpress admin panel but get the message referenced in the title. I can manually download the latest version of the theme from the marketplace. Does the update from Wordpress require that I have an active support plan? It doesn’t seem like that should be required from what I read on this site. Wondering why I am getting the error. Thanks in advance.

Hi

If you want to update from wp-admin then to get auto update features you can use Envato Market WordPress Plugin. This plugin helps customers receive updates to their premium wordpress Themes & Plugins purchased through Envato Market (ThemeForest & CodeCanyon).
you can download the plugin from here:

Using this Envato Market WordPress Plugin you will see:

1. Latest version (need to update version) number
  2. Details view option for the latest version

otherwise you can download the update version from Envato Market Downloads page and update manually using ftp.

Note: Better to keep a full backup before doing the update.

Thanks

With or without that plugin, I am getting the exact same error.

i have same issiue. Can´t download anything. Envato, fix it!

you can download the update version from Envato Market Downloads page and update manually using ftp.

Still no luck please open Help ticket and let them know. Envato Customer support team will be happy to assist you.

Thanks