Found 2 similar tracks, is this normal?

While we really appreciate the intention of such matters being quickly posted/discussed in the forums, we politely ask that any/all copyright infringement or Envato Market content related issues be reported directly to Envato Help Centre

Thanks!

3 Likes

Has anyone contacted support about this case already? All duplicated tracks are still there.

You know what would be nice: that Envato took back all the incomes generated by the clone item(s) and transfered them to the user that spoted the violation, who would fairly and wisely spend it on beer. :beer:

I’m kinda kidding but just asking the blatant author to remove the doubled items from one of his mirror portfolios and simply move on won’t prevent this to keep happening.

2 Likes

There really seems to be very little repercussions for any of these types of violations. The user I reported as representing as exclusive while selling on other marketplaces is being given 30 days to decide whether he wants to actually be exclusive or not (while still having all his same tracks up for sale)… Really makes me wonder why I bothered not going exclusive here, may as well… at least till I get caught :stuck_out_tongue:

So really, it doesn’t seem to matter all that much, and that’s just one case. I realize it’s probably a big job for Envato but this stuff is pretty cut and dry… the example in this thread is super obvious, break out the ban hammer… Could be solved in 30 seconds.

Envato is making sales off of all these duplicates as well, so probably not in their best interest to take it TOO seriously… tough nuts for those of us actually trying to build a legit portfolio and play by the rules.

+1

Retrieving of all unfairly generated incomes: +1

This would be great as well, especially if a portion went to the user reporting… I can see a new breed of Envato bounty hunters lol.

2 Likes

I’ve already contacted support

2 Likes

I got ideas for corporate song titles in case you are tired of typical ones.

“You are the Influencer.” “Let’s Collaborate.” “Attract Digital Native” “The next Paradigm Shift” “Core Competency” “Perfect Workflow” “Granular Teamwork” “Invaluable assets” “Presenting customer-centric features” “Let’s Growth Hack!” “Gig Economy” “Works Outside the Box” “Synergy Effect” “You take the ownership” “Be Proactive” “Value-added” “Reach out to your customers” “A New Business Plan Going Forward” “A new bright business plan down the road” “Let’s Make it Happen” “Diversity is a Key to the Future” “Industry Best Practice” “Let’s Talk About This Offline” “Transparency and Accountability” “For your Mission Critical Business” “Empowering Cloud Business” “Environment Friendly and Hyperlocal” “Ecological Innovation”

Inspired by link a and link b

1 Like

I have one corporate called “Copy the Cat” :joy:

4 Likes

Could be easily solved with few steps, ask them for a real life ID, and perma ban violators.

1 Like

What was Indonesian Gate? I must have missed it!

Somebody, around 2 years ago, started to locate the same template with minimal changes in one account.
And finally there were more than 20 accounts from Indonesia with that template and minimal changes.

PD; This became insane because you opened the ambient category and some days you only find the same track in the firsts two pages.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, then this topic Is this practice allowed?