Featured Files - Queston?

How now do the selection of files to the Featured Files?
Now there are audio tracks, made at the beginning of 2015, and next to them in the tracks made by the end of 2015. I do not understand the principle of selection in this category. Explain, please!

I would assume that a file is suggested for file of the month, and then during the week it;s file of the month another two or three or four files look like strong contenders, and so on and so forth… until there’s a bit of a backlog of potential featured files building up. It might take a while to get through them.

Files are selected moderators? Or the author can offer a file?

No, authors can’t put their files forward for file of the month. Well, they can in a way, as any file submitted by any author (which is approved) is then eligible for file of the month… but it’s decided internally. You can put your files forward for free file of the month though.

how to do it?

The file should have a 5 star rating?

Criteria for Selection

In order for a file to be considered as a Free File of the Month for any Marketplace the file must meet the following criteria:

• You must be the author of the file you’re submitting.

• The file must be rated 4 stars or higher.

• PhotoDune is currently exempt from this rule when applicable.

I think this thread has derailed a bit. Wasn’t the author referring to featured files, not free files of the month?

EDIT: never mind I get it :smile: