Fatal error Envato-theme-updater

Hi,

I can’t access the updates panel to update WordPress, I always get this error message :

" Une erreur critique est survenue sur ce site. Veuillez consulter la boite de réception de l’e-mail d’administration de votre site pour plus d’informations.

En apprendre plus sur le débogage de WordPress."

I enabled debug mode and opened the debug.log, the problem seems to come from the envato theme updater plugin :

[21-Jun-2022 09:10:50 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot access offset of type string on string in /home/atelierpqc/www/wp-content/themes/metro/libraries/envato-theme-updater/class-envato-protected-api.php:307

I have deleted the plugin Envato market but this error still display.
How can I fix it ?

Thank you for your help,

Think you should contact the author of this theme, he will be glad to help you

Thank you SheevLanda for your answer, so you think it is du to the theme and not to the plugin ?

Hard to say, the only way to check it deactivate your theme and see if error still exist. You can also add additional information to this post for example (what you did before this error shows up, add screenshots)

when I click on appearance, the message “critical error” appears, I cannot deactivate the theme through the dashboard of my site. Can I rename the METRO theme by XX_METRO via FTP to deactivate the theme (as can be done with plugins)?

Before this error, I didn’t do anything special, just noticed this problem. I wanted to update my extensions and can no longer access the updates page.
The theme is no longer supported, I can no longer contact the author of this theme that I bought in 2014.

your site works well right ? if it is working without problems then it is defenetly not the issue of theme I believe. Maybe the reinstalling of Envato market plugin will help.

1 Like

yes the site works well, ok I try to reinstall Envato Market, and I let you know,
Thank you very much

I have reinstalled the plugin but the issue is always display.

[21-Jun-2022 13:30:10 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot access offset of type string on string in /home/atelierpqc/www/wp-content/themes/metro/libraries/envato-theme-updater/class-envato-protected-api.php:307
Stack trace:
#0 /home/atelierpqc/www/wp-content/themes/metro/libraries/envato-theme-updater/class-envato-protected-api.php(354): Envato_Protected_API->set_error(‘http_code’, 403)
#1 /home/atelierpqc/www/wp-content/themes/metro/libraries/envato-theme-updater/class-envato-protected-api.php(254): Envato_Protected_API->remote_request(‘http://marketpl…’)
#2 /home/atelierpqc/www/wp-content/themes/metro/libraries/envato-theme-updater/class-envato-protected-api.php(113): Envato_Protected_API->set_cache(‘sitadi_wp-list-…’, ‘http://marketpl…’, 300)
#3 /home/atelierpqc/www/wp-content/themes/metro/libraries/envato-theme-updater/class-envato-protected-api.php(149): Envato_Protected_API->private_user_data(‘wp-list-themes’, ‘sitadi’, ‘’, true, 300)
#4 /home/atelierpqc/www/wp-content/themes/metro/libraries/envato-theme-updater/envato-wp-theme-updater.php(58): Envato_Protected_API->wp_list_themes(true)
#5 /home/atelierpqc/www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(309): Envato_WP_Theme_Updater->check(Object(stdClass))
#6 /home/atelierpqc/www/wp-includes/plugin.php(189): WP_Hook->apply_filters(Object(stdClass), Array)
#7 /home/atelierpqc/www/wp-includes/option.php(1989): apply_filters(‘pre_set_site_tr…’, Object(stdClass), ‘update_themes’)
#8 /home/atelierpqc/www/wp-includes/update.php(638): set_site_transient(‘update_themes’, Object(stdClass))
#9 /home/atelierpqc/www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): wp_update_themes(‘’)
#10 /home/atelierpqc/www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#11 /home/atelierpqc/www/wp-includes/plugin.php(474): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#12 /home/atelierpqc/www/wp-admin/admin.php(385): do_action(‘load-update-cor…’)
#13 /home/atelierpqc/www/wp-admin/update-core.php(10): require_once(‘/home/atelierpq…’)
#14 {main}
thrown in /home/atelierpqc/www/wp-content/themes/metro/libraries/envato-theme-updater/class-envato-protected-api.php on line 307

I deactivated the theme, updated wordpress and reactivated it.
The problem was indeed with the theme, you were right SheevLanda. I will have to change it.
Thanks to your SheevLanda for your help

I am happy that your issue no longer exist. Good luck to you then.

1 Like