Envato is now a certified B Corp!! 🎉

Hey Everybody!

Today, we’re excited to announce that Envato is a certified B Corp! :tada:

What is a B Corp?

A certified B Corp is a for-profit company that’s been verified to meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability. The B in B Corp stands for Benefit. There are more than 3000 certified B Corps in 150 industries and 71 countries around the world, including Culture Amp, Kickstarter, Patagonia and Ben & Jerry’s. Check out our public B Corp profile.

Why we pursued B Corp certification.

We were looking for an independent, external benchmark which would help us holistically measure our impact, and act as a guidepost to help us become the company we want to be. By participating in a larger movement, we’re also adding our weight to help the movement grow.

We hope that our B Corp certification can be one piece of the puzzle in helping us stay true to being a company that values both purpose and profit. Alongside our annual Public Impact Statement and the work of the Envato Foundation, this recognition is an important part of Envato’s ongoing commitment to supporting positive social causes. As a company, we hope that staff and the wider creative community feel a level of pride in contributing to and purchasing from a company that’s been verified to have some of the highest standards for social and environmental performance.

Learn more.

Here are links to our Media Release and Blog Post, as well as the main B Corp website.

Thanks for reading! The team and I will be coming back to this thread, until this Friday (31st July), to answer questions about our B Corp certification. I know these kinds of discussions can easily go off on a tangent (especially with a huge topic area like this!), but I’m going to try to keep us on topic: Envato’s B Corp Certification.

:v:

Thanks!

Collis

108 Likes

That’s a nice step to go ahead. All the best.

1 Like

Good for Envato and for us :tada: Wish you all best

1 Like

Proud to be a part of this creative ecosystem.

3 Likes

Congratulations on certification

1 Like

Sorry for being the party pooper here, but as an author I don’t see very much of transparency.

27 Likes

How will this affect ordinary authors?

8 Likes

Congratulations

Congratulations Envato!

1 Like

Congratulations for certification and wish you all best.

1 Like

Congratulations to Envato and all of us :slightly_smiling_face:

Congrats to the Team and all the authors in the eco system, a well deserved moment in time for creating opportunities to keep moving forward :partying_face:

Congratulations on certification :smile:

Congratulations!!!

Awesome!

Congrats Envato Team :slight_smile: :clap: :clap:

Superb! What a time to be alive :smiley:

1 Like

Congratulations!

Congrats!

Awesome