Connection/Slow issues on marketplace

Things were very slow for me this morning, seem to be much better at the moment.

Most of the US was on holiday the past 3 days, so I wonder if the pickup in traffic has made the problem worse this morning.

1 Like

I donā€™t want to jinx anything, but everything seems really fast now, compared to how it has been for the past week or so.

Can we sell on FORUMS? Can we do that?
Is ā€œconnectionā€ a MUST?
Canā€™t we sell without a connection?
What is a connection?

AudioJungle is still slow today,itā€™s been like this for weeks now for me,i thought it had something to do with my ISP because i did not see a lot of people complaining on the forums.I wanted to listen to top new files,it took me one hour to listen to the first page,this is ruining our sales pretty badly.

I think we now have enough proof that this is definitely affecting the US as well, and not only Europe.

The sites are still very slow, and I just seriously struggled to update my item. There was a slight improvement in speed about 1-2 hours ago, but everything has slowed down yet again.

Themeforest work fast only at the night time (in EU), when day is come site become very slow again for every day:

Response time (at the left) and day time (at the bottom), higher value in graphic mean that site is very slow or does not work.

1 Like

Yes, I noticed exactly the same thing. Whenever I check after midnight, itā€™s almost instant. After 9AM (CET) itā€™s broken again.

1 Like

Sometimes good, sometimes not.
VPN helps a bit, but I think this situation is frustrating future customers.

No sorry. I forgot that customers just canā€™t be frustrated.
They just go. They donā€™t have the time to be frustrated.

1 Like

Just wanted to confirm this. After 9AM europe, envato goes from instant to mega slow.

1 Like

Yes, I would also like to confirm what @wpgenie and @wpdreams have just said. Iā€™ve been awake since 7AM working on my itemsā€™ descriptions, and the site was loading normally, but after 9AM it went back to being slow again.

Hi all,

Yes, we are seeing an increase in performance problems since Europe has come online. That has allowed us to gather data we needed to pin point the problem (I know youā€™re probably all saying ā€˜what? weā€™ve been telling you for days its slow!ā€™ and you are right to feel that way). The worst performance problems have only been really felt at peak times.

Currently we have two options that we are deciding on and we shall hopefully have better news in the next hour or so.

So please be patient a little longer.

2 Likes

Hi Den,

thank you very much for updating us. We really appreciate your input.

I would just like to briefly point your attention to something very important. It seems that the loading issues have been going on for far longer than initially reported by you guys. Hereā€™s an example, posted by @nicdark about a day ago, to back that up:

Also, @BrancoG reports that heā€™s been experiencing slow loading for weeks now:

To add to that weā€™ve seen a bunch of people from the states come up here and say that they too have definitely experienced slow loading issues, so this canā€™t be an event isolated to Central Europe only. And even on top of that, Iā€™ve seen the ā€œworld-wideā€ community generally complain about loading times in the last few months on the old forums. Even though I donā€™t have any insight into what exactly is happening, I am led to believe that this is not an isolated event, but pardon my language, just shit hitting the fan after all the problems with loading for months now. I feel like something has to be done once and for all, to solve this, and not just temporarily delay it, until it happens again because it does so quite often, and itā€™s very frustrating for us.

I am really eager to hear about those options you are mentioning, so if you donā€™t mind sharing them, Iā€™ll be happy to hear them. I am sure the rest of the community is also eager to read it about is well.

Thanks Den.

1 Like

Thanks Onioneye,

I would not be surprised that we have been seeing poor performance since the 2nd of Sept when for reasons I canā€™t currently go into we switched from a particular network product back to another (it wasnā€™t a DDoS but something else). Since that time we have been experiencing what we thought was a ā€˜provider taxā€™, a small performance hit for being on that provider. That performance hit was obviously larger than we thought.

The last three nights (European days) our monitoring has been barking at us as European monitoring probes all started failing every so often. That is what has bought me here to investigate.

We have confirmed that there is an issue a European data centre we route through but it has taken a bit of time to gather the data and convince them that they have a problem.

While I havenā€™t seen the same kind of performance hit from elsewhere I will assume that that is a victim of this same problem.

So basically our options are get our providerā€™s issues fixed (they are working on that now) or switching back to our other product, which we are preparing now. Both of which will take a bit of time.

Itā€™s very bad sadly. Trying to get work done but browsing through items alone make it unbearable to work. Hope this will get resolved soon ! :frowning: Netherlands here, the connection is up and down but mostly down.

1 Like

The site has serious connection issues - i am getting slow page times, not being able to respond to comments, etcā€¦ And iā€™m on a 500mb internet connection, so itā€™s clearly the siteā€™s falut.

Is pretty bad to see such long timings to have it fixed.
I assumed Envado had some extra-uber-super-mega system to face any kind of traffic. After allā€¦ it earns from purchases and is a web-marketā€¦!

Anyway thanks for looking into it, hope you (Envato) will setup a better network.
Always remember a lot of us base our incomes (then our lives) on you.

1 Like

Hi all,

Can you please now provide feedback on performance? We have just made a change and would appreciate any comments or data you might have.

Thanks

3 Likes

My mind is blown. Iā€™d love to be a fly on the wall watching as you swap things around like that. Is it seriously a push of a button to enable/disable prolexic?

For me the issue seems to be fixed. Poland here.

Hi, all Envato sites seems fast now (Italy) :slight_smile: