New to Envato and I have some cross platform (i.e. Desktop2Mobile) widgets/apps I would like to sell but I am quite confused on the process and how sales are even tracked/enabled/verified
I have a few questions if anyone can help answer them that is a spert.
- I understand the purchaser gets a unique sales code on each purchase, which is necessary for Envato/Codecanyon to track sales…but how can it be used for purchase verification by the developer. Especially recurring purchases like annual support licenses? Is there a way for me to autonomously submit that code back to the store for validation and product description?
- Am I correct to assume that CodeCanyon is an Envato company or is it a separate entity?
- When my code is sold to a customer, what information, specific to that sale, does CodeCanyon provide to me (if any) or do they simply report a weekly/monthly sales report to me? Further, will I get notification of a sale(s) instantly, daily, weekly or monthly?
- Likewise, for annual support sales, surely they must somehow provide me a list of specific customers who have purchased annual support, their customer ID and the date the support began (or ends). Otherwise how could I know who gets support and who doesn’t?
- Similarly for annual support sales, how does CodeCanyon track renewals and notify me when someone doesn’t renew?
- All of this seems fairly basic in order to operate a software distribution center/store but I can’t find any information about it or how that process works. Is there a link with these details I have yet to find?
- Is it correct that I don’t get to set my own pricing AND other than for a support license, recurring licensing is also not possible? Each sale is a one time / single site purchase (which would be really hard to track without some autonomous validation/verification system for anyone selling more than a few licenses)