Can't activate a theme in Wordpress using a purchase code

Hey, everybody. I bought a theme and entered the purchase code in Wordpress, but it just takes me to a blank page. I’ve been dealing with this issue for a long time with the theme creator’s tech support, then with the hosting tech support. So far I haven’t found a proper solution to this problem. Maybe someone had the same situation? How did you solve it?

1 Like

You’d need to solve the problem with the item authors. It’s usually the buyers ( yours ) server configuration that allows to send/receive data through WordPress API ( or some cases Envato API )

2 Likes

Yes, wrote to the author again about the purchase code, waiting for a reply from him. What do you think is the solution here? Reissue of the purchase code (if such a thing is possible) or changes in the code on someone’s side? Or something else?

Not possible. I do have the similar issues once a while with my clients, I offer them manual activation after they provide me the Purchase code and login details. You should do the same with your theme and let the support team to fix the problem for you.

1 Like

I already gave account access to the theme creator, but that didn’t help.

Ask refund and find another theme

I provided account access to the theme creator of the website, but it didn’t resolve the issue.

Try enabling WordPress debugging by adding these lines to your wp-config.php file:
define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true);
define(‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’, true);
define(‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, false);
Also, increase your PHP memory limit by adding:
define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’);