Cannot upload theme zip file into Wordpress

Hi. I just purchased and downloaded the Houzez theme for Wordpress. I have the zip file that was downloaded saved to my computer. When I upload the file into WordPress, I’m getting an error message: The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

Please help! Is there a certain file within the zip file that I am to upload instead of the entire zip file?

No, you must upload a zip file. And the zip file must contain a single folder that contains all the theme files (such as style.css, functions.php, etc.). You are facing this problem becuase your server is restricting you from uploading the file because its size is bigger than the allowed limit.
The possible solution is, you upload the zip file via ftp or cpanel in public_html/wp-contents/themes/ folder. If you don’t have any access to these, you should contact your server administrator.

4. Contact your web host

Your web host will need to determine what part of the install process is being limited and increase the limit so that you can install the theme through the WordPress dashboard. Contact their support and let them know you are having problems uploading the theme. Be sure to tell them the size of the file you are trying to upload.

If you have access to server settings or are working on a local server, you can try changing some PHP options yourself in the php.ini file:

• Set both post_max_size and upload_max_filesize to be larger than the theme file.
  • Ensure memory_limit is generous (256M is recommended).

Thanks!