Author Dashboard [BETA] Thread

How did you count downloads from earnings?)

What I think @YanMednis want to say is - if some item is not listed in your earnings in dashboard - it means that there was no downloads for that item. But, if the item is there in your report and the earnings which you got from that item is 0$ - it means, that someone has downloaded your item and it is using it, but you have not earn anything.

And it looks like some authors have hundred items with earning 0$ - that mean that it was at least hundred downloads.

1 Like

But it doesn’t work this way, if you have 0$ for one item it might be only one download, but other hundreds went to other authors items

I think @CocoBasic is right. If you have 3000 items and for example 954 are present on your report, then at least you may say that you have 954 downloads or more.

At least - yes, but it might be any other bigger number

1 Like

In the “Earnings By Items” table, select the sorting by ITEM TYPE and count how many pages you have, taking into account that there are 12 points on the page. If any one item was bought from you several times, then it will appear there several times.

Wrong, only one entry per item, amount earned per item is cumulative, not individual.
If that is the case my statement will be in thousands of pages if not lakhs lol :laughing:

You can ask a question in technical support. But the fact that an item with the unique name appears on this list several times suggests that this table shows all downloads, and not the amount of money earned for each item.

2 possible reasons could be

1, Envato given you a special privilege to access their internal data
Or
2, You may have multiple items with the same name

Other then these 2 facts, I am damn sure about my previous post

3 Likes

Yes, it seems you’re right. Now I checked, and indeed all the same names on the list indicate the same names of different footages of the same subject.

In this case, it changes a lot. It’s scary to imagine how many total downloads then) I have in my list currently more than a thousand footages downloaded at least once. It is unclear who needs so many of them.

Hi, today i found that my items arrange have been changed i mean the items that i published last year now it’s on the first page of my published items,anyone else happened this to him?

Well there is hundreds of thousands of subscribers, so you’d only need one out of a hundred of them to each download one of your items… and that would cover ‘more than a thousand footages downloaded at least once’.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t think we will see download numbers ever. I was just thinking that the average earnings per download will be certainly below 1 USD, but then again I would not have thought that almost a third of all subscribers each month download nothing at all.

Question is how many data crawlers are out there downloading everything.

2 Likes

My concern is that if you increase your portfolio several times, then the increase in income by the same amount is most likely not to happen.
If compare with September 2019 and now, then with an increase in my portfolio by almost 10 times, income increased only 1.5-2 times.
Maybe my new footages are not so in demand, but every second footage from the entire portfolio is downloaded monthly at least once.

Lots, in AJ case there are warez posts with +1500 AJ tracks each. I found several of my items, and they were all Elements tracks. non of them were from the marketplace.

Hello
Why can’t I reach Author Dashboard BETA?

Who loves having a statistics like this in elements earning report, We can check our daily earnings and we can compare etc…

15 Likes

Hello Envato,
Any chance to have an statistics for elements like the above one. At least showing average earnings will definitely helps us to improve ourselves

Hi @WordPressRiver! I agree, I think this is a fundamental feature that we are hoping to deliver in the not too distant future for our Elements authors.

We are doing some back end changes to make the reporting more responsive and better to build so we can then start working on something author facing.

My question to you would be this, what level of time granularity would you expect to see? e.g. Daily, Monthly, Yearly as above?

Thanks!

5 Likes

@Jimmy_J Thanks for the reply, we need daily time graph. Want to see how much we are earning in the daily basis with the average daily amount calculator

2 Likes