VideoHive: After Effects Email Campaign
We’re putting together an email marketing campaign that will feature a number of After Effects items, offered at a discount for one week. If you’d like to be involved, please use this thread to nominate items from your portfolio.
Here’s everything you need to know:
What is the campaign?
We’re looking for some of the best After Effects items available on VideoHive.
For this campaign we’d like to feature selected items that are at a discount of 40% from their normal sale price.
The campaign will launch during the week commencing Monday 30th April, and will run for 5 days.
We’ll be sending two emails to active VideoHive purchasers: one at the campaign launch, and a reminder during the final 48 hours. Our current plan is for each of these emails to directly feature half of the available items for the campaign, and link to a collection page that contains the full list.
Previous email campaigns for VideoHive have shown great results from flexible items that appeal to a wide range of customers. Seasonal items also perform well - buyers are now beginning to look for items to support events like the northern hemisphere summer, Ramadan and the 4th of July.
What are you looking for?
- Rule #1: You must be the author of the item you’re submitting
What we’re looking for
- Items that are high quality, presented well, and up-to-date
- Items with a minimum rating of 4 stars OR a minimum of 20+ sales
- To help us be sure that the discount is off your normal sale price, the nominated item must have been listed at a consistent price for the 30 days leading up to the promotion period. See this Help Centre article for details on pricing and sales.
What we’re NOT looking for:
- Items that are old and no longer on-trend
- Items that have not been kept updated.
- Items with lower ratings (below 4 stars)
How do I take part?
Submit your nominations by adding a link and an image for your nominated item in the thread below.
What happens after I nominate my item(s)?
- If your item(s) are selected, we will contact you via your Envato Market email address.
- We will provide information about how and when your item price will be changed.
- Selected items will be promoted via a special Market Mail email campaign during the week commencing Monday, April 30th, and will remain promoted for five days.
What if I want to withdraw my nomination?
If you’ve changed your mind, simply flag your nomination comment and let us know that you want to withdraw your item from consideration.
How are items selected?
All items nominated must meet the criteria selection listed above. Items for the promotional will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team. We’ll be periodically reviewing the collection page to make sure we’re putting our best foot forward in promoting great deals for our customers. Items which don’t meet the promotional criteria will be removed from the promotion (but will of course remain for sale on Envato Market). We reserve the right to add or remove items from the promotion for any reason, at our sole discretion.
Who is responsible for changing the price of items?
All item prices will be automatically changed at the beginning of the After Effects sale.
For Author-Driven Pricing categories it will (as always) be up to the author to decide whether you leave a discount in place after the sale period, manually return the price to its original level, or set a different price altogether. As with all pricing decisions under our Author-Driven Pricing policy, that’s entirely up to you.
Timeline of events
- April 24th: We launched the nomination process (you’re reading it right now!)
- April 30th: Item nominations close, and we’ll inform the authors of selected items and provide more details via email.
- May 2nd: Campaign launches (exact date TBC)
- May 6th: Campaign closes (exact date TBC)
We’re looking forward to seeing all your nominations and helping you to promote your incredible items! If you have any questions, please let us know.
Thank you so much again and good luck! Please post your item nominations in the thread below.