400 sales in first two months on AJ, am I dreaming? :D

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Congrats, thatā€™s an AWESOME achievement!

Iā€™m shocked! I warmly congratulate you!

Hi Michael,

I just stumbled upon your topic and I must say all your compositions are clean and very well mixed. Care to share with us some mixing secrets? I loved the fullness of the piano. Do you use a particular plugin? And I loved the guitar as wellā€¦plugin or did you played it yourself?

Best,
Alex

1 Like

this makes a lot of sense. fresh ears and objectivity are like gold. Love to hear that youā€™re working hard on these tracks and not just pushing them out. Itā€™s that last 5% that makes the difference. Congrats and well deserved.

1 Like

+1 on this Michael.

Iā€™d love to know how you make pianos that huge. And Iā€™m gonna guess youā€™re playing real guitars on this. Sounds huge man!

1 Like

Unbelieveble! Just two tracks and so many sales! Well done!

1 Like

Thank you guys! :slight_smile:

@alexnekita, @DougFury

I havenā€™t been active on forums lately, but I guess itā€™s never too late to share some mixing secrets, right? When it comes to piano, I like to use lots of compression and distortion (tube or tape saturation). I guess thatā€™s the key to getting that fullness.

In my most recent track ( https://audiojungle.net/item/upbeat-inspiring-corporate/18343992 ), I really went for a huge piano sound and I got it using addictive keys only, without any plugins, just tweaking the compressors and other parameters within the instrument.

When it comes to guitars, I play them myself. Only in the last track I used some samples of a palm muted guitar. But, as well as with pianos, I am not afraid to compress them afterwards and to add saturation until Iā€™m satisfied with the way they sound.

I often use Waves 1176/LA-3A compressors.

I hope that was helpful. : )

1 Like

Thanks Michael! Very good tips indeed! Keep the hits coming!

1 Like