2 rejected logo reveals. Please help me out here.

Hi guys.
Recently I made 2 logo reveals, one which i can understand why they rejected but the second one was pretty surpising. Not sure what I got wrong, and of course I got the typical messege without any specifics, so that tells me nothing, I hope that you guys could give me some feedback.

Here is the one that surprised me:

And the second one which I understand why they have rejected, feedback still would be appriciated tho:

https://youtu.be/Q_cI7YLay0E

Thanks for your time!

1 Like

Hi.
I like both of them. I really don´t know what to criticize.
Maybe the logos have no details or something that makes them look more complex, like the 3d animation looks. I mean 3D is good and has complexity and elaboration, but logos look too flat, or perhaps you could add a tagline option below also.
Don´t give up! :+1:

The particle shockwave animation is merely a pre-rendered clip of dust revealing a flat, motionless, stationary logo. An animation like this doesn’t utilize powerful animation software such as After Effects, and could have been created with any basic video editing program by simply placing a logo layer behind the particle reveal. Therefore, this doesn’t really qualify as the kind of After Effects template typically accepted for sale on Videohive.

3 Likes

@GoForMotion The project you posted and since removed, featured a logo that was effected and revealed by the animation that preceded it, not simply faded onto the screen like in the project this thread refers to.

1 Like

@MotionRevolver , sorry, giving a second look I understood better the difference you mentioned, I totally agree, that´s why I removed the post before your reply. Plus, I forgot that linking to another author´s item is against rules here in the forum, another reason to remove post.
Anyway, thanks for your opinion, much appreciated.
Have a good weekend :+1:

1 Like

First of all thanks for your help guys! I agree that the logo is very flat and stacionary, there is no doubt about that. I’ve been spending my time in 3d for the past year and need to brush off my AE skills, thank you for making me realize that!
Having said that I don’t think that calling it " merely a pre-rendered clip of dust" is very fair tbh. It’s not like I grabbed this from some 3rd party site and just slapped logo with alpha on top of it, creating 3d renders also takes a lot of time and effort, they don’t just magically appear from nowhere. The idea was for it to not be overly flashy and I didn’t realize there is a need for more in depth AE integration. That is surely valuable knowledge, so once again, thank you for taking the time to give me some feedback ;).

1 Like

You can try to upload the dust reveal alone as a motion graphics clip. This way you can still earn from your work.

3 Likes

agree, the dust is looks awesome, you can sell it as a motion graphic.