WordPress 6.3 released on August 8th, still not listed in “Software Version” field

Hello,

As the title says, WordPress 6.3 was released on August 8th, and it is still not listed in “Software Version” field when editing items we sell (today is October 24th!).

I really want to suggest that you should put in place an automatic system which monitors WordPress versions and updates the “Software Version” field automatically (and also other fields, where applicable).

I personally was bombarded by customers asking regarding compatibility with WP 6.3, so the ability to set this in item attributes would be great. Also, this is not the first time the WP version is added late to CodeCanyon, check: WordPress 5.7 released on March 9th, still not listed in "Software Version" field - #2 by mgscoder

Also, the “If the version is not listed here, let us know!” text was added below the version numbers, however, I made a notification 10 days ago (or so), no response and no change to the WP version listings since then.

Also, note that WordPress 6.4 will be released on November 7th, so you might want to add WP 6.4 to the list together with 6.3, as it is around the corner and will appear soon.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi @CodeRevolution,

I contacted envato support they told me my request was sent to development team and will be updated within a week but the sad story is that no result till now. I am not sure why they are doing delay to implement this simple task. I don’t know but it can be a reason that many items (especially WP themes) are not compatible with the latest version of WP.

I am also waiting for the Compatibility update.

Thanks

2 Likes

Ok, good to know that Envato is actively working, for a couple of days now, on adding ‘WordPress 6.3.x’ as a new entry to the ‘Software Version’ dropdown.

1 Like

@mgscoder
WordPress 6.4 is scheduled for release on November 7, 2023.
Maybe you should update the support to get 6.4 version listed as well.

1 Like

This is funny :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ki-themes, At first let the Envato dev team include the version WordPress 6.3.x because many items (especially WP themes) are not compatible with the latest version WordPress 6.3.x. Envato definitely should to include most latest version after it get release. So, after get release WordPress 6.4 next include queue should be WordPress 6.4.x.

1 Like

I’m aware of it, some of us are ( as me ) already prepared compatibility update even for 6.4 ( is ready )

1 Like

My all WordPress items are also compatible with the most latest version of WordPress and I have added a note in product Description to let the customers know about the Compatibility. Like all authors I am also waiting for the Envato dev team update.

1 Like

Hello,

I am also waiting for joomla versions Joomla 5.0.X and Joomla! 4.4.X in the list

2 Likes

Good news! all are set. WordPress (6.3.x) and WooCommerce (8.x.x) has included. All credit goes to Ben and Dev team.

1 Like

Thank you, appreciated!

Hello,

What about Joomla 5.0?

Release date: Oct 17, 2023. So, I think it will take some time.

Hello,

I think they should add same day because most template now updated to joomla 4 but i can’t select proper category for that