Why frequent reversal of sale items ?

This thread is about reversals.

No you don’t! Yes, the money gets taken from your account so the end result is the same, but refunds and reversals are two different things.

Nah, sale reversals have nothing to do with refunds. When you give a refund it says “Sale Refund”, please refer to this helpful screenshot:

And then compare it with an actual sale reversal:

The money gets taken from Envato automatically… they have no say in it. When the money is taken from Envato, they’re in the red because they’ve had the full purchase price taken away from them and they’ve already paid you out… so they take the money back from you so that (financially), it’s as if the sale never took place. That’s how it is for Envato and that’s how it is for you.

The whole ‘yeah but they’ve already downloaded the item’ situation is irrelevant because that makes no difference from a financial standpoint. $10 item purchased, $10 item reversed, Envato get $10 taken from them. They could take the hit themselves like they used to do. In theory they could put it all on the author and take $10 from you (even though you only got $5 from it for example), but the fairest way is for Envato to cover their part of the loss and authors to cover their part of the loss.

As reversals can be initiated up to 180 days after the purchase, the only way to avoid reversals where people have downloaded items… would be to not allow people to download their purchases until 180 days later. Obvioulsy that’s not going to happen. Aside from it probably being against all kinds of regulations, you’d probably get twice as many people doing reversals for ‘goods not delivered’ as they couldn’t be bothered waiting.

1 Like

@baileyherbert and @SpaceStockFootage
yeah u are right , nothing to do but they end amounting to the same for authors lol a bit paradoxical …

no solution looks credible according to u , so what is point to waste some time to share anything with u … let’s go on with this great thing as such …

I know what happens when there is a reversal. I know who gets what, who doesn’t get what and how it’s all very unfair and not very nice. But I’ve known this for several years, and as there’s nothing that can be done… I have learned to live with it. After many sleepless nights, therapy sessions and plenty of reiki healing… I’ve managed to lead an almost normal life.

You’ve known this for several years as well, but every few months it seems as if you’ve just discovered reversals for the very first time. Again. And again. If that’s the way you want to be then that’s fine, you’re welcome to your opinions… but if you can’t recommend a solution that is beneficial for all parties (apart from scammers), then maybe it’s best to just forget about it and move on?